𓆚 ch. 7

Dear Harry,

Happy 12th birthday my friend! Even though you haven't responded to any of my letters, I just had to tell you happy birthday! I miss you and I can't wait to see you at Hogwarts. Maybe even shopping for new school supplies. Anyways. Happy birthday again Harry. Hopefully, you receive this letter.

- love always, Y/n

Y/n folded the parchment paper and placed it in an envelope before writing the name and address. She called for Newt and gave him another letter to deliver to Harry. She sighs as she watches Newt fly away for what seems to be the hundredth time.

Knock knock.

"Come in Uncle Remus." After Newt left Y/n's sight, she allowed her eyes to divert to the clouds outside, the only way to keep her mind from thinking the worst.

"Still worried about Harry, aren't you dear?" He sits next to Y/n and looks out with the window with her.

"He hasn't answered any of my letters. Nor Hermione's. And hasn't answered Ron. He said he has asked him 12 times if he wanted to sleep over at his house and no answer. With the thing that happened last year, I fear that something got him this year."

Y/n's eyes move from the clouds to her fingers as she fiddle with the picture that Hermione gave her for her birthday. It contained a picture of Harry, Hermione, Ron, and her. Y/n smiled at the picture they took last year. It was hard to get Hermione and Ron to smile for a picture, considering they hated each other last year.

"Well from the stories you've told me about him, he is a strong boy. He'll be fine okay?" He grabs the picture before placing it down.

Y/n nodded and look at him. "Do you think you can tell me a story about your friends at Hogwarts Uncle Remus? Your stories always make me feel better."

A mixture of sadness and happiness flash across Remus' eyes before slowly smiling.

"Maybe another time okay y/n/n? How about instead, we go make your f/d (favorite dessert)? That always cheers you up." Y/n smiles at Remus before nodding her head.

"I'll race you downstairs!" She hopped off the window sill before heading to the kitchen, Remus on her tail.

Thud!

Remus and Y/n looked up from their baking and looked towards the window.

"Did you hear that or was it just me?" Y/n walked towards the window and an old owl flies back up and sits on the window sill.

"Oh! It's just Errol. Ron's owl. I usually keep the windows open when we owl each other." Y/n grabbed the letter from Errol and he flies away. "Ron calls him pathetic, but I think he is just um wise."

Y/n walked back to Remus and sit down to open the letter.

Dear Y/n,

I just wanted to let you know that the twins and I were going to go pick up Harry. We are all worried about him and he got a letter today about using magic. You and I both know that he knows to not use magic outside of school. I will inform you about how it goes. Hope all is well.

- Ron

"Who is it dear?" Remus places the dessert in to oven for it to bake.

"It's just Ron. He is going to go pick up Harry himself because he got a letter about using magic outside of school. I know Harry and he knows better." Y/n placed the letter down and make a mental note to write him back later, along with Hermione.

time skip

"Uncle Remus? Is it okay if we go buy my books on Wednesday? That is when Hermione is going and I hope to see Ron and hopefully Harry." Y/n asks as he sits on her bed.