♕ch.44

"Have you heard anything from Fred?" Hermione asked as Y/n sat down at the Gryffindor table, noticing her wearing Fred's quidditch jumper he had given her.

Y/n shrugged, "Not since he forgot about our Hogmeade's date, but I'm fine with it because of the shop, you know?"

"And won't you see him during Christmas break? I'm sure Remus is going to want to go to the Burrow like always." Hermione pointed out as she went back to reading the paper.

Harry cleared his throat, gaining Y/n's attention. "Have you thought about what I asked? You know, about Malfoy?"

Before Y/n could answer, Ron came and sat down, looking nervous.

"So, how was it, then?"

"How was what?" asked Hermione.

"Your dinner party?"

"Pretty boring, actually. Though I think Harry enjoyed dessert. Slughorn's having a Christmas do, you know. And we're meant to bring someone."

"I expect you'll be bringing McLaggen. He's in the Slug Club, isn't he?"

Y/n rolled her eyes at Ron's comment, as Hermione admits that she was going to ask him.

Lavender walks up to Ron, softly tapping his shoulder. "Good luck today, Ron. I know you'll be brilliant."

Y/n looked over at Hermione to see her watching Lavender walk away.

"After today's match, McLaggen can have my spot," Ron said, the nervousness in his voice being loud and clear.

"You can't be serious, Ron," Y/n asked.

Harry grabbed a drink and brought it closer to Ron. "It's okay, Y/n. Have it your way, Ron. Juice?"

"Hello, everyone." The four turned to see Luna wearing a tiger on her head.

"Hi, Luna. I love the outfit." Y/n commented, earning a smile from Luna.

"Thank you. You look dreadful, Ron. Is that why you put something in his cup? Is it a tonic?"

Hermione and Y/n looked over at Harry to see him place a bottle back into his pocket. It was recognized as the Felix Felicis bottle.

"Liquid Luck. Don't drink it, Ron."

Ron looked between Hermione and Y/n before quickly drinking some of the juice. Ron's mood instantly changed as he gained the luck he needed for the game.

"Come on, Harry. We've got a game to win." Ron stood up with Harry before they both walked away.

Hermione looked at Y/n in shock. Y/n put her hands up in surrender before taking a piece of toast. "I don't know what you wanted me to do, Hermione. But I do know that this will be one hell of a game."

"I would like it if you supported me. You know Harry will be expelled for that."

Y/n shrugged. "Only if he gets caught."

"You can't possibly believe that that was a smart choice, Y/n! Ron should be able to win on his own without help."

"Oh? Because he didn't have help with the tryouts right Miss Confundus."

Hermione pouted and looked away. "That was different. It was only a tryout."

"Yeah okay Hermione." Y/n chuckled.

➳➳after the game➳➳

"I've got to be honest, Harry. I didn't think you would use the potion on Ron." Y/n told Harry as they were celebrating in the common room. Well, celebrating Ron.