⛓ ch. 14

"Sorry I'm late, Professor Lupin, I-" Heads turn towards Harry as he walks in late.

"This lesson began ten minutes ago, Potter, so I think we'll make it ten points from Gryffindor. Sit down." Groans escaped from Gryffindors mouth at Snape's response.

"Where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asks from the same spot.

Y/n decided to ignore the conversation, knowing where Remus has really ran off to. Y/n played with the silver bracelet with the little wolf that laid on her wrist.

She would always get anxious around times like this, hoping nothing goes wrong or hurts her godfather.

Harry takes the empty seat next to Y/n after Snape threatens to take away fifty points from Gryffindor. "Quidditch?" Y/n asked.

Harry only nods at the girl, not wanting to irritate Snape more as he continues his lesson.

"I didn't not ask for information. I was merely commenting on Professor Lupin's lack of organization." Snape replied to Hermione.

Y/n's ears perked up at the diss at Remus. Before she can say anything, Dean decides to speak up.

"He's the best Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher we've ever had." Students around him agreeing with Dean.

Once again, Snape insulted Lupin and us before actually starting the lesson about werewolves.

"But sir," Hermione chirps in, "we're not supposed to do werewolves yet, we're due to start hinkypukes-"

Snape cuts her off, "Miss Granger, I was under the impression that I am teaching this lesson, not you. And I am telling you all to turn to page 394. All of you! Now!"

With a few glances around, students begin to listen to Snape.

"Which one of you can tell me how we distinguish between the werewolf and the true wolf?" Snape asks.

The class stayed silent, not wanting to answer nor knowing the answering, except for Hermione who was raising her hand.

"How about you? Miss Lebelle." Eyes turns to Y/n as she looked up from her bracelet. Snape raises his eyebrows, "Care to tell me the difference?"

"No sir. I don't know. However, Hermione seems to know the answer." Y/n answered, pointing to Hermione.

"Well Miss Lebelle, I'm asking you, not Miss Granger."

"Well sir, as we've mentioned several times, we have not reached that chapter. It is not due to the lack of Professor Lupin's teaching. It is due to you wanting to get ahead." Y/n replies as calmly as she can.

"Detention Miss Lebelle." Snape simply replies.

Y/n put her head down, not wanting to get a worst punishment. That was until she heard the voice next to her speak up.

"For what?!" Harry interfered. Snape quickly looked at Harry.

"For not knowing the answer and questioning my teaching skills."

"Maybe that's because she didn't know it when Hermione did." Ron interfered as well.

"You guys. It's okay." Y/n whispered to them, wanting them to stop so they don't get detention as well.

"That's not fair Y/n." Harry whispers.

"It's fine Harry. Really." Y/n replied quickly.

No one made a sound the rest of the class and Snape made them take notes on werewolves from the textbook. When the bell rang, Snape held them back.