⛓ ch. 15

➳ ➳after Christmas break

"Y/n!" The girl turned around to see Harry running up to her.

"Oh. Hey Harry! I was just about to come find you. How was your Christmas break?" Y/n asked.

"No yeah it was great. Y/n there's somethi-" Harry gets cut off by Hermione.

"Hey Y/n! Good Christmas break?"

"Yeah it was good. How about you Hermione?"

"What is she doing here?" Ron asked, walking up to the group.

"Y/n is still my friend Ronald." Hermione scowled.

"Did I miss something?" Y/n asked Harry as the two continued to bicker about the Firebolt and their pets.

"No Y/n you didn't. Shall we go? Leave these boys here." Hermione walks up to Y/n to link their arms.

"Wait! Hermione." Harry grabs Y/n's other arm as they were about to walk away. "You knew what I was about to say."

"I do but like I said. Not now." Hermione answered. "Now, if you excuse us. We have work to do."

Hermione pulls Y/n, which made Harry let go of her arm. "I'll see you guys later!" Y/n called out before they got too far.

"What was that about?" Y/n asked as they walked to the library.

"Harry got a Firebolt for Christmas." Hermione answered.

"That's great!"

"But I told McGonagall and she took it away."

"Does he have it back?"

"Yeah I think he's using it for Quidditch practice today."

"So what's the problem? He got it back. Were they mad for the moment?"

"Yeah. Plus Ron thinks that Crookshanks ate his rat, Scabbers."

"Oh. Don't worry about him Hermione. Fred and George always tells me that the rat is so old that his color is even fading. He will be over it in no time." Y/n reassured.

"Please don't leave us again. I honestly can't stand Ron without you."

Y/n laughed. "Sure Hermione. I won't leave you guys again. But you know that hate mainly turns into love."

"Ew. That's not even a funny joke y/n. I could never." Hermione makes a disgusted face before diving into her work.

"Whatever you say Hermione."

➳ ➳

"Hermione. Maybe you should tell McGonagall that you have too much on your plate. Drop a few classes." Y/n suggested as Hermione was a crying mess.

The two were in Hagrid's hut, Hermione has been coming to Hagrid's since Christmas and now that Y/n was back, she wanted her to come along as well.

"I can't do that Y/n. It'll be a waste to just give up when it's the second term." Hermione wiped her tears and went to grab the case for Buckbeak.

"Let me give this a try Hermione. You just rest." Y/n grabbed the case and started reading it.

"How you feeling y/n?" Hagrid asked.

"I'm well Hagrid. Just tired from the Gryffindor celebration last night. They were quite loud."

"No about the whole Sirius Black thing."

"I'd admit, quite scared for Harry. If he went to Ron, then that means he was really close to him."

"No dear. How are you feeling? With Black near you."