⛓ch. 11

➳➳ summer before the third year

"Y- you got petrified?" Remus asked Y/n as she finally told him about her second year.

"Yeah. But I didn't have to take any finals!" Y/n tried to lighten up the mood but since it didn't work, she quickly changed the subject.

"Okay Uncle Remus. I'm going to go get a few things for Harry's birthday gift. I'll be back." Y/n grabbed her purse and kissed him on the cheek.

"Are you going to the Muggle world or Diagon Alley?" He looked at Y/n as she headed to the door.

"Erm, probably Muggle since I'm not getting anything magical. Would you like to come?"

"If you don't mind dear." He puts his newspaper down and grabs the car keys.

Y/n shrugs and opens the door for him. "It beats walking."

He ruffles her hair as he walks by and Y/n turned around to lock the door, fixing her hair.

They got in the car and drove to the nearest shopping center. In front of the shopping center was a beautiful park, where Remus parked.

"Alright dear. Meet back here? Don't get lost okay?" He hands Y/n some Muggle money.

"Oh, thank you. But where are you going?" Y/n accepts it and puts it in her purse.

"I'm off to meet a friend. 45 minutes top okay?" Y/n nods and heads to the store.

At the store, Y/n decided to get Harry a small cupcake with birthday candles. She also purchased him a new bookbag along with a little sewing kit.

Y/n bought all of these items sooner than she thought and walked to the park. Remus wasn't there yet so she decided to sit in the grass and start on Harry's present.

She started to sew his initials "H.P" on the corner of his bookbag. After that, Y/n took out the Gryffindor tie she bought ahead of time and started to sew "H.P" on it as well. A little idea she got from Remus.

Y/n soon finished when a dirty black dog came and sat down next to her.

"Oh well hello there. Is your owner around?" Y/n looked around to see if anyone was looking for their dog. "You're a dirty dog, aren't you?"

The dog stands up and places its head on her lap. Y/n pets their head, smiling at the dog. Remus never let her have a dog, but she had Newt so she was okay.

The dog's head soon shot up and he ran away. It looked back at Y/n once before running further and further into the park.

"Y/n!" She turned to see Remus walking up to her. "You finished faster than I thought."

"Yeah, me too. How was meeting up with your friend?" Y/n packed up the items before walking to the car with Remus.

"It was splendid." He smiled down at her and got into the car.

➳➳

Y/n walked up to her room to place Harry's present in a package and planned to set it off to the side. When she walked in, she saw Hedwig nuzzled up against Newt.