≋ch. 21

"Don't you dare insult my mother, Potter." Malfoy sneered at Harry, after he just insulted Ron's parents.

"Keep your fat mouth shut, then." Harry commented, turning away.

Malfoy takes out his want to attack Harry as soon as he turned his back towards him.

"Oh no you don't, laddie!"

A voice echoed through the hall and people turned to see Professor Moody limping his way down the staircase, holding his wand out towards Malfoy, who now took the form of a white ferret.

Silence filled the hall, nobody moving due to their fear of Professor Moody.

He made his to Harry, looking at him with concern in one eye, the other turned around looking at the back of his head.

"Did he get you?" Moody asked.

"No. Missed."

"Leave it!" Moody shouted, making Y/n flinch in her spot.

"Leave what?"

"Not you. Him!" Moody shouted, doing a quick turn to see Crabbe bending down to pick up the white ferret.

Moody made his way to Crabbe, Goyle and the ferret, who took off towards the dungeons.

"I don't think so!" Moody roared, pointing his wand at the ferret again to making it bounce up and down in the air. "I don't like people who attack when their opponent's back's turned."

Y/n broke and started laughing at the scene, Ron and everyone else around joining her.

"I knew I wasn't the only one who thought Malfoy looked like a ferret." Y/n joked through her laughter.

"Professor Moody!"

The laughter quickly died as they saw Professor McGonagall coming down the staircase.

"Hello, Professor McGonagall." Moody responded casually, still bouncing Malfoy higher.

"Wh- what are you doing?" Professor McGonagall stuttered, her eyes following the ferret in the air.

"Teaching," said Moody.

"Teach- Moody, is that a student?"

"Technically, it's a ferret."

"No." Professor McGonagall pulled out her wand, turning the ferret back into Draco, his hair in a mess and fear in his face. He got to his feet, walking away from Moody.

"Moody, we never use Transfiguration as a punishment! Surely Professor Dumbledore told you that?"

"He might've mentioned it, yeah." Moody replied sheepishly.

Professor McGonagall went on to describe the Hogwarts' punishment, Moody reluctantly listening.

Moody grabbed Malfoy by his arm, taking him to Snape after Professor McGonagall finished explaining the punishments.

"Well. Don't you all have somewhere to be?" Students scattered as McGonagall walked away as well.

"Don't talk to me." Ron quietly muttered as they sat down at the Gryffindor table.

"Why not?"

"Because I want to fix that in my memory forever." Ron closed his eyes, trying to focus on the image of Malfoy as a bouncing ferret.

Harry, Y/n and Hermione laughed at the idea as Hermione scooped beef casserole on their plates.

"Miss Lebelle! There you are." Y/n turned around to see Nearly Headless Nick floating above her.