𓅈ch. 29

"Harry, wait up." Harry turned around to see Y/n approaching him at the end of the stairs. "Mind if I walk with you? Seeing as you don't really have anything to pack."

Harry smiles at Y/n. "You know me too well. Are you upset that you weren't a prefect? I wasn't sure if you wanted to say anything."

Y/n shook her head as they walked up the stairs. "No. I didn't want to be one. Besides, it makes sense that Hermione is a prefect. Hey, since Ron is one too, imagine all the things you'll get away with." Harry laughed at Y/n's joke but they stopped once they heard sobbing.

Harry put his arm out and moved Y/n behind his back. "Hello?"

No response but the sobbing just continued. They continued to walk up the stairs and opened the door to where the sobbing was coming from. Y/n gasped when she saw Mrs. Weasley in a fetal position in the corner of the room.

Y/n went to comfort her but Harry stopped her. She looked where Harry was looking and saw Ron laying on the floor, dead.

"Oh god." Y/n said, hiding her face in Harry's back.

"R-riddikulus!" Y/n continues to hear Mrs. Weasley yell out Riddikulus followed by a loud crack. She moved her head around to see Fred and George laying there, then Percy and finally Harry and herself. She quickly hid her face as she heard Harry call out for Mrs. Weasley again.

"What's going on?"

Y/n recognized that as Lupin's voice and heard him yell out Riddikulus followed by Mrs. Weasley's loud sobs.

Sirius grabbed Y/n from behind Harry's back and led her to her room. They entered the room and Y/n wiped her tears that she didn't realize fell.

"Oh! I'm sorry. I just froze when I saw her boggart." Y/n explained. Sirius went to pull her in a hug but Y/n held her arms up. "No, I'm okay Sirius. I think Mrs. Weasley needs more comfort than me."

Sirius went against his instincts and left her alone. He was new to being her uncle, so he allowed her to be alone. Sirius closed the door after him and Y/n sat on her bed.

Y/n ran her hands over her face. The memory of Fred and George on the ground, motionless, flashed her mind. Then the one of herself and Harry.

She fiddled with her bracelet, something she took a habit on. Y/n looked at her bracelet, seeing the new addition to it.

When Lupin first gave it to her, it only contained a wolf charm. During the summer, Sirius gave her a dog paw charm to add onto the bracelet.

Crack

Y/n turned around to see Fred standing there with his wand in his hand and a sheepish smile.

"Fred Weasley! What happened to using doors?" Y/n asked, holding her chest, feeling her heart beating fast. The loud crack reminded her of Mrs. Weasley trying to get rid of the boggart.

"I passed by Sirius and Lupin and they were watching my every move! So I just went to my room and here I am." Fred shuddered at the memory of passing by them. "I have your chocolate though!"

Fred held up a small bag filled with different types of chocolates. "I wasn't sure of what kind of chocolate you like though. So I got a bunch of different ones. Have you been crying?" Fred walked towards her, placing the bag of chocolate next to her and kneeling in front of her.

Y/n smiled at Fred's concern and took his hands into hers. "I'm okay, Freddie. I just miss Thomas." Y/n teased to change the subject.

Fred rolled his eyes and helped Y/n to her feet before sitting down and pulling her onto his lap. "That's not a funny joke, darling." Fred complained as he wrapped his arms around Y/n's waist.