⛓ ch. 16

"Merlin I hate exams." Y/n thought as she walked into the Gryffindor common room. She sees Harry and Ron looking at Hermione with a shocked expression.

"Erm. Hey guys? How was exams?" Y/n asked, shutting the portrait door behind her.

"Great. Y/n, he lost the appeal." Hermione takes the letter from Harry's hands and walks towards Y/n for her to read.

"What? After all that hard work?" Y/n reads the letter, feeling anger and sadness. "Sunset. We can't even be there for him until then."

"Actually, that's why we have the cloak. If you would like to join us to sneak off after dinner." Ron informed Y/n.

"Oh hell yeah. Count me in."

"Brilliant." Harry smiles and grabbed the cloak from Hermione, stuffing it down his robes.

➳ ➳

"They did it! I d-don't believe it - they did it." Hermione whispers faintly at the thud of the axe.

The four couldn't take their eyes away from the sight, not know how to react or how to feel. Quite frankly, Y/n felt numb and sad for Hagrid.

Y/n didn't even notice when they started to head back to the castle.

"Y/n." Harry whispered, gently shaking her. "We have to head back now."

Y/n just nodded her head and walked back to Hermione and Ron with Harry.

"Scabbers, keep still." Ron whispered as we were about to enter the castle.

"Ron, please keep that rat under control." Y/n whispered back.

"I'm trying. What's the matter with you, you stupid rat? Stay still - Ouch! He bit me!" Ron yelled.

"Ron, be quiet! Fudge'll be out here in a minute-"

Ron cuts Hermione off. "He won't stay put." Scabbers continued to try and wiggle out of Ron's hand

"Maybe because Crookshanks is coming, Hermione." Y/n pointed out the sly cat making its way to the rat.

"Crookshanks! No, go away, Crookshanks!" Hermione yells at the cat coming this way.

"Scabbers NO!" The rat managed to slip out of Ron's hand and runs away, Crookshanks chasing after him. Ron threw the cloak off of him and ran into the darkness.

"Ron!" Hermione whisper yelled.

"Come on." Y/n threw the cloak off of her as well, trying to catch up with Ron.

"Y/N! The cloak!" Harry insisted, running beside her under the cloak.

"It's fine Harry. It's too dark. We can't even see Ro-"

"Get away from him. Get away. Scabbers, come here."

"Found him." Y/n stated, which was followed by a loud thud.

"Gotcha! Get off, you stinking cat-"

Ron was cut off when Y/n tripped over his feet. Harry and Hermione were able to stop just before.

"Ow Merlin. I hit my head on a tree trunk I think." Y/n rubbed her head while Hermione was trying to get them all under the cloak again.

As Y/n went to stand up, the four could hear something walking towards them. Looking over, they saw a jet-black dog, eyeing them all up and down.

"Hermione! That's the dog I've been seeing!" Y/n yelled at Hermione.

Harry went for his wand but was too slow as the dog leaps for him. However, he leaped too far and rolled off of him. Once it was able to get back into his stance, he went for Y/n. Ron noticed what was about to happen and pushed Y/n aside, allowing the dog to bite down on Ron's arm.