𓅈ch. 32

"I can't believe she had Filch put up that thing about her being the High Inquisitor." Y/n complained to Hermione as they walked to their table. "Hey guys, how was Divination?" Y/n asked Harry as they waited for Umbridge to start Defense Against the Dark Arts.

"Well. For starters, I think Umbridge called Trelawney out for being a fraud. You can tell that she was worried because she just told her that she is in grave danger." Ron answered.

"That's amazing! I hope that one comes true-ow." Y/n rubbed her side where Hermione had hit her as she watched Umbridge walk into the classroom. "There are easier ways to shut me up, Hermione!" She whispered/yelled.

"As we finished chapter one last lesson, I would like you all to turn to page nineteen today and commence chapter two, 'Common Defensive Theories and Their Derivation.' There will be no need to talk."

Y/n rolled her eyes and opened her book, pretending to read the chapter. What is the point of reading when we are learning nothing?

"What is it this time, Miss Granger?" Y/n heard Umbridge whisper to Hermione.

Hold your tongue, Y/n. Hold your tongue. Y/n reminded herself as she heard Umbridge and Hermione giving attitude to each other. Don't interact.

"Miss Granger, I am going to take five points from Gryffindor House." Umbridge threatened. Y/n looked up, seeing her walk in front of the class with the same stupid smile.

"What for?" Harry asked.
"Because she gave her opinion?" Y/n shouted out at the same time as Harry.

"Don't get involved!" Hermione whispered to Y/n and Harry. Y/n rolled her eyes as she 'listened' to Umbridge go on about her teaching methods.

"Yeah, Quirrell was a great teacher, there was just that minor drawback of him having Lord Voldemort sticking out of the back of his head."

Y/n couldn't help but laugh at Harry's response to Umbridge. After that, silence filled the classroom as Umbridge and Harry had another staredown.

"I think another week's detentions would do you some good, Mr. Potter." Harry put his head down as Umbridge gave her fake smile at the class. "Any other concerns?"

"No, Professor Umbridge. No more concerns or comments." Y/n answered for the class, sending Umbridge a fake smile. Y/n watched as she took a deep breath in before walking back to her desk.

Time went by slow as the class continued to 'read' the chapter. The bell finally rang and Y/n walked out of the classroom before Umbridge could give her another week of detention.

"Harry, you were supposed to contain your temper! Don't you remember what McGonagall said?" Hermione said as they walked to Potions.

"I don't know why you are getting upset Hermione. He was wondering why you were going to get points taken away from us again." Ron answered for Harry, feeling annoyed.

Hermione ignored Ron and turned to Y/n. "You are lucky that you didn't get detention again, Y/n."

Y/n quietly scoffed. "I wish I got detention again. What is the worst thing she can do anyways? Besides, it gets lonely with just Umbridge in her office."

"I appreciate that Y/n, but I don't think you should get detention just because I do." Harry reassured as they entered Potions class.

"If I am being honest Harry, now that she is a High Inquisitor, she will probably give me detention if I have a hair out of place." Y/n half joked as Snape walked into the classroom, standing in front of the class.

"As you all may know, Professor Umbridge will be coming in to evaluate me, so I expect you all to be on your best behavior. Gryffindors." Snape called out, glaring at the table that contained Ron, Harry, Hermione and Y/n.