≋ch. 25

"Hermione, do we really need 3 hours to get ready for the dance?" Y/n plopped down on her bed, watching Hermione pace around the room.

"Probably not, but I did want Ron to stop asking me who I was going with."

"Uh huh. And you are pacing because?"

"I'm nervous Y/n. I'm going with Viktor Krum and he is much older than me. Besides, I wanted Ron to ask me and not as a last resort." Hermione stopped pacing and plopped down next to Y/n on her bed. "Changing the subject, how is it going with Fred?"

"Not good. Every time I approach him, he makes up an excuse about his product and runs away. It's ridiculous."

"He can't stay mad at you forever. Maybe he's trying to not confess his love for you." Hermione teased.

"Oh shut it." Y/n gently shoved Hermione. "Tonight is about Tommy and I. He asked me and I am going to have a great time with him."

"That's the spirit! Now come on." Hermione stood up, reaching for Y/n's hand. "Help me curl up my hair and decide how I want to style it. The faster we do mine, the sooner we can do yours."

➳➳

After the girls finished curling their hair, they helped each other style it. Y/n left her hair down and curled, pinning two pieces on each side back.

Y/n went to the bathroom to change, gently putting on her navy blue silk dress, reaching all the way down to the floor. The dress was loose enough to flow as she walked and she fixed the spaghetti straps so they do not fall down her shoulders.

Carefully putting on her medium size heels, she walked out of the bathroom, seeing Hermione ready.

"Oh Hermione. You look beautiful. Viktor is a lucky guy."

"I can say the same for you! You look amazing!"

Y/n put on her bracelet that contained the little wolf that Remus got her and walked to Hermione, both standing in front of the mirror, their heels still making them the same height.

"Viktor is really lucky, Hermione. He better be careful though because all of the guys will be staring at you when he walks you down for the first dance."

Hermione blushed, not being used to compliments.

"Alright! Let's get going. We don't want to keep them waiting then." Y/n grabbed Hermione's hand, pulling her out of the Gryffindor Tower towards the Great Hall.

The two reached the stairs, seeing people walking in. Hermione let go of Y/n hand, staying hidden in the corner.

"Hermione, are you alright?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah I just need to breathe for a minute. You go on. I have to be one of the last one walking in anyways. Thomas is waiting for you."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure Y/n. Now go." Hermione smiled, slightly pushing Y/n.

"Okay, I will see you in there."

Y/n walked down the stairs, looking back to see Hermione giving her a thumbs up from where she was hidden.

She continued to walk down and saw Thomas staring at her in amazement. He walked towards the end of the stairs to meet her.

"You look beautiful, love."

"Thank you Tommy. You don't look too bad yourself."

Thomas extended his arm out, which Y/n gladly took and they walked into the Great Hall.