𓆚 ch. 8

It felt weird sitting in the seats and watching the first years get sorted. It's crazy to think that Hermione, Ron, Harry, and Y/n were up there just last year.

This dinner felt especially different because Harry and Ron were still nowhere to be seen. Ron is missing the sorting of his sister, Ginny. She's the same girl who stood up for Harry at the shop.
Along with all of her brothers, she was sorted into Gryffindor. After the feast, Hermione and Y/n just decided to walk to the Common Room.

"I'm sure they will find their way ba-" Hermione is cut off by Neville shouting at them.

"Did you guys hear?! Harry and Ron got expelled!"

"What?!" Hermione and Y/n shouted at the same time.

"You're joking. I mean the school year just started! What did they do?" Y/n asked as the three of them rushed into the common room. As they walked in, it seems like every Gryffindor is there just waiting.

"Apparently, they drove here to Hogwarts! On a flying car! I mean, that's brilliant!" Neville walks away to join Dean and Seamus.

"They are bloody idiots I tell you. I'm gonna see if they actually did that, they probably got lost again. Want to join?" Hermione heads for the portrait, stopping to hear Y/n's answer.

"You go ahead. I'll just wait for you on the couch though so we can go to the dorms together." Hermione nods and they walked separate ways.

Y/n pushed her way through the Gryffindors standing and finally sit on the couch. I missed this couch. There is just something about it.

Pulled out of her thoughts, she felt the seat next to her sink. "Well well, it seems like I'm not important enough to say hello to," Thomas smirks as he sees her frown.

"Oh Thomas! You aren't!" It was now Y/n's turn to smirk as he frowns at her response. "Only joking Tommy. How have you been?" She leaned over to give him a hug, which he gladly accepts.

"Well hurt, to be honest. But now I guess better seeing you here." He sits back and she sits criss-cross on the couch facing him. "So I heard about your little scene with Malfoy at the bookshop. When are we beating him up?"

"How did you hear about that? I thought everyone was occupied with Mr. Lockkey there."

"Lockhart love. He's our new teacher, wouldn't want to irritate him when we have him tomorrow. Anyway, I heard from my mum. She was describing the girl and I had a feeling it was you. And by the way, you reacted, you just confirmed it."

Y/n looked down blushing. It didn't even occur to her that others were looking at them. As she said, they seemed busy with Lockhart.

Thomas continues, "I give you props though love. I've wanted to punch that little git ever since he commented on my 'half-blood' family. I don't understand why status is important. Plus, every time I threatened him, he pulled the 'my father will hear about this' card. Pathetic if you ask me."

"Well, if he continues to make those dumb comments, let me know. I will gladly give him a black eye." Y/n smiles at him, disgusted that Malfoy makes comments to anyone, anywhere.

"How about right now?" Thomas jokes.

"Oh don't tempt me!" Y/n jokes back. They laugh at the idea before the whole common room erupts in cheers. They looked at the portrait door to see Harry and Ron walk in.

"Well, I'm glad to see that they didn't get expelled. I'll see you tomorrow Tommy. It was great seeing you."

Y/n hugs Thomas before making her way to Hermione and she watched the two make their way to their dorm.