chapter six

Took an entire month but its here, enjoy.
....
....
....
I walked through the oddly shaped garden, there were weeds and dead plants everywhere, the bridge was falling apart and the water underneath it was still and pitch black,indicating that there was no marine life.

The Beldam was planning on making it look like coralines face from a birds eye view, of course Coraline wouldn't notice that but The Beldam was persistent with detail, i wonder if the garden in the other world was also shaped this way. How would it be? I mean specifically shaped like her head? It probably wasn't shaped that way.

I walked out here to clear my head but it wasn't working, it was just making me think about more things which leads to thi king about random thing unrelated to the first thing then an endless cycle of random thoughts appear, so i decided to just leave

I left the garden and walked back into the house, as i did, i saw the Beldam just about finish making the twins last couple of dogs, she saw me and gave a smile. The form she took was still that of Coralines mother. I wonder if her mother was kind, at least more than mine.

I turned my head back to the house and walked inside.

Coralines pov

"You see Caroline, my new songs go hoompa hoompa, but the jumping mice play only toodle toot like that. Is nice but not so much amazing, so now i switched to stronger cheese and soon vajab (i dont have subtitles, is that last word what he said or...?) I had been listening to this man speak about a mice circus for only a short time now and i already know he's crazy

He turned and walked to the door,but then back to me and handed me a beetroot "here, have beet. Make you big and strong, dazvanya Caroline"

"COr aline" i corrected him, spacing my name out, even though he was already gone. I threw the beetroot over the fence and left

Your pov

I sat in the lounge, staring at the small door. There were a few sand mice roaming about, the Beldam was preparing for Coralines next visit, she never stops, everything has to be seamless.

"She shouldn't come back...if i can save at least one of us...it should be her..." I stood up and walked to my room, making sure The Beldam wasn't close.

I locked the bedroom door and opened my closet then sat down infront of my small door. Tree of the mice had followed me in and sat with me, they acted like pets, which was weird but i was used to it, they listened when i told them what to do so that was on the plus side for me.

I stared at the mice as they played amongst each other, i then thought about Coraline and all the other children the Beldam got ahold of.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when i saw something glowing. I looked at the door and a (colour 1)ish (colour 2)ish sort of mixed colour was shining through the key hole.

My eyes widened.

I tried opening the door but it only moved a bit, not enough for me to fit through, it wouldn't budge any further.

I then thought of something.

"Warn her. Tell Coraline not to go through the little door, tell her to stay away" the mouse i was speaking to tilted its head to the side and moved its nose a bit then gave what looked like a slight nod and squeezed through the door, the other two following its lead

I sat still for a moment then tried to open the door some more but it wouldn't move. I got angry after a few more tried then saw the colours fade

"No, no, no no no no no. Don't do this, no" i sighed and looked down.

"At least they can warn her...or try to..."

I stood up from where i sat and kicked the door, shutting it completely with ease

"Now you move?!" I grunted and walked over to my bed but turned back and walked to my mirror.

I looked into it and changed my buttons to (e/c) and smiled

"I wonder what they would look like if i..."

I then changed my buttons to eyes, (e/c) ones at that. I then smiled again, blinking a few times and moving them from side to side and up then down.

I could see the same as with the buttons but i now looked more...normal.

I was then startled by 'father' opening the door, i changed my eyes to my black buttons as fast as i could then looked at him

"Mother says its almost time for the show at the theatre, and, you might want to fix that little issue before she sees" he spoke with his happy tone and unusually extravagant movements, he then closed the door and i assume, walked away.

I looked into the mirror to see my left button is green and i still have an eye on my right, but the entire white part and cornia was black.

I thanked all creatures that existed that it wasn't the Beldam that walked in on me then changed them back to how the Beldam likes it.
....
....
.

...

A/N

So someone told me in my private messages that i stopped writing (y/n) calling the beldam 'Mother' and started writing him calling her 'the Beldam' so I'd just like to inform those who dont know that it was intentional.

In chapter 4 he stopped calling her mother because he no longer sees her as a mother figure and more like the beldam, the vile creature she is and is from there on out calling her that but still refering to her as Mother when speaking in front of her or directly to her out of fear for her