chapter seventeen

A/N: so I have been missing, no real reason to it, I just got bored with writing but here's an update to let ya'll know I'm still alive, also, I'm putting each 'eye task' in their own chapters so next one will be the sisters and their batdogs.
Anyway

Coralines pov

I finally got ahold of the clippers, possibly scraping my stomach and knees trying to get to them and cut the nasty plants that gripped onto me. I composed myself as I watched the cut stems retreat back into the well where they came from, I then started to pick up the things that fell out of my bag.

As I was picking up my stuff, I thought of something and spoke to myself "Is he helping her do this? I thought he was my friend...is he even real or just another one of her sand puppets?"  I put the thought aside when three humming birds grabbed the triangle stone

They flew away with it and I grabbed my hat then tossed it up at them, luckily hitting them all. They fell to the ground and turned to sand. I picked up the stone and put my hat back onto my head "why steal this?" I asked myself and looked through it. Everything through the small hole was grey.

I turned my head to look around with it and saw something glowing red, it was the only thing that wasn't grey "that must be it" I took the stone away from my face and was startled by the robot mantis the other father was on as it started moving "sorry..so..sorry..mother...making me...don't wanna...hurt you" he slurred his words as the mantis stated coming at me.

I moved over the bridge and it broke when the mantis got onto it, the other father tried to get out of the arm restraints and managed to get one hand out. He then broke the ball off of the gear stick and handed it to me. I grabbed it and watched as both the other father and the robot bug dissapeared beneath the water.

Once they were out of sight, the pond started to turn grey right where they fell in, spreading through the entire garden, as if everything turned to stone. I stared at everything around me when the ball started to glow red and I heard a voice "bless you miss, you found me, but there's two eyes still lost" the voice spoke, it was one of the children

"Don't worry, I'm getting the hang of it" I looked up at the moon, the dark shadow was starting to show, I still had enough time to save the other two. I then started walking back to the house to go downstairs for the second eye, I thought that maybe it's there because it was suddenly lit up, as if something was pointing me into that direction

Your pov

I smiled at Coraline. She found the first eye. Two more to go and I'll help her escape, I watched her as she walked to the downstairs apartment filled with determination.

I was still in the kitchen, the Beldam was nowhere to be seen, obviously trying to find more ways to cheat, probably spinning more webs of lies.

I stared at the now stone garden for a good while then looked at the shadow slowly creeping its way over the moon.

"It's almost over" I heard her voice echo from behind me but when I turned around, there was no one there

"For you" I said, knowing she would hear me.