chapter fifteen

Coralines POV

she had the other father put me onto a bug chair. I saw a rat run through the door from the tunnel and hand her the key to the door. She closed and locked the small door then swallowed the key "why don't you have your own key"i questioned her.

The other father -who now looked all smushed and wonky- said that there was only one key, the other mother then dragged him out of the room, leaving me in there alone.

After a few minutes, i heard a bell ring and the other mother say "breakfast time" I walked to the kitchen and told myself to be strong and sat down. (Y/n) walked in vut he looked different. He wasn't dressed as neatly as he was before the other mother became this thing.

His well kept hair was a mess and his buttons were (f/c). He walked up to the other mother and took some food from the pan on the stove, the other mother glanced at him and he smiled, looking innocent.

He ate what he took from the pan and looked at me "good luck Coraline" he then walked out of the room, it was a weird encounter.

I looked at the buttons in the box on the table and spoke

"Why don't we play...a game, I know you like them"

Your POV

I

walked into the kitchen and grabbed some bacon from the pan, it was hot but i could handle it, the beldam slightly glared at me and i smiled at her, I quietly said "our game is about to begin, are you ready Mother" I know Coraline didn't hear it, she was too busy thinking her plan through while staring at the needle and set of buttons on the table in the box. I ate the now slightly cooled bacon and said good luck to coraline and left the kitchen without giving the beldam any time to reply.

I stood in the hallway by the door, out of sight to hear Coraline say that she wanted to play a game, meaning the game is about to start. I then walked to my room, I'm not to interfere with her game, i don't cheat.

I opened the closet door and then the small door, the cat came running out and I then closed the door "what happens if the girl wins?" He looked at me and I stared back at him

"She gets to go...home" I say plainly as I close the closet door and lock it.

The cat crawled under my bed and, im assuming, is now probably gone, Coraline's going to need him.

"What do you get if she wins?" The beldam appeared by my bedroom door "do you really want to know, mother? I get to save the next thousands of generations from you and...I get to be free" she didn't look pleased with the answer but asked another question "and how do you plan on getting rid of me?"

"Once she wins, you will reflect on what you've done in your past, in a thousand ways, I will never mirror your doings, nor will i become who you see me to become, I am my own being"

She already knew what I meant by what i said, it was too obvious. I could see her clamp her jaw as she stood still by the door. I decided to leave the room, as i walked down the hallway, I heard her say "she won't win"

"Won't she?" I asked and continued walking.

.....

Hope you enjoyed, it was a little short, only 753 words