chapter twenty-two

A Thank you poachmizer for the idea, I did end up changing some of the idea but kept the (y/n) doll incorperted

Coralines pov

I was in bed. Dad was playing with the octopus toy I had "so, gonna order the tulips?" I asked "what's that?" "For the garden party" I told him

I then told mom to not forget the invitations to the garden party as she walked into the room "even Mr. Bobinskis?" She asked, she had something in her hand "Mr. B is not drunk, mom. He's just eccentric" I laid down as she sat on the bed "she then put something under my blanket and handed me a doll

At first I thought it was the evil minni me doll but it wasn't. It looked like...(y/n) but he had (e/c) buttons.

"I think you dropped this on your way to bed" mom said as she kissed my forehead and said good night.

They left the room and I sat up. The thing mom hid under my blanket was the gloves I wanted. I put them down and picked the doll up "can you see me through the doll? Or are you the doll?" Nothing.

I saw the cat by my window and put the doll down opened the window then apologized to him for throwing him at the other mother.

"Where did (y/n) go?" He looked at me the turned his head to the side, looking at the doll. That was the only answer I got from him.

I picked him up and put him on my bed, then I took the eyes out of my bag and put them under my pillow and laid down, holding the doll and the cat laying next to me and fell asleep.

I opened my eyes to see the ghost children "it's a fine, fine thing you did for us miss" one spoke "well, I'm glad it's finally over"

"It is...over and done for us"

"But how? I locked the door!"

That's when (y/n) appeared but he had  (e/c) buttons, like the doll "it's the key. Theres only one and she will find it"

The room started to spin and I woke up. "I gotta hide this somewhere, somewhere she can never find it"

I stood up from the bed and wrapped my blanket over my shoulders, I then walked to the door but the cat got in my way so I used my foot to move him and opened the door. I then left the house, already knowing where I was going to that the key.

I walked down the path while slowly saying the words for a rhyme. I finally got to the place I wanted to be and stopped.

The well. I used a branch to open the lid and too the key out from under my shirt. I was about to take it off but something grabbed it, pulling me along with it since it was still stuck on my neck. I screamed as it dragged me.

I then saw that it was the other mothers hand, dragging me, along with the key, to the house.

I bright light shone through some trees and I heard a loud honk. It was wybie on his bike. The hand tried crawing faster but wybie was too fast.

He drove down the path and grabbed the hand with a pair of tongs. It got loose and crawled onto his face causing him to trip over a rock with the bike and fall into the well with the hand.

He was holding onto the edge and I ran over to try and pull him out. The hand crawled back up and tried to make wybie fall but I grabbed it with my blanket and wybie threw a rock on it when he got out of the well, breaking it completely.

He stared at the broken hand then at me "you are weird coraline" I ignored him and put the key in the blanket and used the string to wrap around it and secure it.

Wybie helped me throw it into the well and put the lid back on. "Sorry I didn't believe you about all this evil stuff..."

We talked and I invited him and his grandma to the garden party tomorrow. I then went home and fell asleep surprisingly easy.