chapter twelve

Your pov

I stopped following Coraline after a while because i was becoming more hungry, human food wouldn't suffice.

I walked back to the house and to the garden, sitting there for a while until i felt Coralines fear. I needed to eat, to feed.

I walked back to the house and tried to open the door but it wouldn't open, i tried the windows and even the back door, i was locked out.

I walked back to the front door and banged on it "let me in!" After a few minutes of me banging on the door, she finally opened up, she was in her spider form but not fully.

She stared at me then smiled as she realized something then spoke "you're hungry" just then her smile faded and she quietly repeated herself "you're hungry..."

"Where is she" i asked, ignoring her words "she...went home"

I walked past her and into the house "really?" I asked, sounding sad but in reality, i knew she was still here, i can feel her fear.

"Yes... she's gone"

"I'll...be in my room." I left her standing there and walked to my bedroom.

As i walked to the stairs, i saw the mirror

She's in there.

I walked past it, acting as if i hadn't just looked at it.

Coralines pov

I slammed my fists against the concrete wall, trying to get out, i kicked it a few times, but nothing happened. I calmed down as i saw nothing was happening and gave up.

I then heard something behind me "who's there?" I asked turning my body to the director of the sound.

In the far corner of the room was a bed, it was lit up by three figures, under a blanket, somehow glowing.

"Hush and shush, for the Beldam might be listening"

"You...you mean the other mother?" I said as i slowly made my way over to the bed, the only noise was my shoes, clacking on the hard ground.

I reached my hand out to the blanket and pulled it to reveal...ghosts?!

"Who are you?"

Your pov

I heard as the beldam set up her games. She heard the ghosts speaking to Coraline about how she loved games. I was still in my bedroom.

I then thought of something, i was okay before. I wasn't hungry before Coraline felt fear.

"I feed off of happiness"

That was it! I was okay before because Coraline was happy about the new place and other family, when she started feeling fear instead of happiness, i became hungry.

I smiled at the thought but then remembered that i still feed off of humans...

after a few hours of doing nothing in my room, i decided to see what was happening outside, apart from actually leaving my room. i switched my vision to the other Wybies and looked through his eyes for a while, after a few minutes, and took control of his body.

i let him walk to the mirror. "work..please" i said from my room and had Wybie push his arms through the mirror, taking hold of the closest thing on the other side, which was Coraline. As he pulled her out of the mirror, i was pulled from his vision by my door opening, leaving Coraline and Wybie alone by the mirror.

i looked at the one who opened my bedroom door and saw no one. 

"what?" i breathed out confused