chapter fourteen

There you go, i took a while, sorry about that, but the chapter is here now, enjoy. A

Your pov

I left my bedroom after i heard Coraline crawl through the door, she's already given the Beldam enough power to be able to make it seem like she took coralines parents from the other world and keep them hidden here. I walked through the hallway to the living room. I looked around and saw the bug like furniture, the painting of the boy on the wall, myself the snowglobes above the fireplace.

Wait, thats not right, myself?

"She didn't" I walked over to the replica "she did....a terrible job, since when does my nose look like that?" I wispered as I stared at...me.

"Do you like him dear?" I turned around and saw the Beldam. "Im offended...you're not taking her" she walked into the room and over to the fake me "oh, and you are? I see you've finally found your hunger, what is it? Fear, like mine? Sadness? That would go more toward your grandmothers side"

"Fear..." she smiled as I answered but wasn't expecting me to continue "...is what you want from them, without that, you become weak, soon you'll be at your weakest, you won't survive without her. That's where you and I differ. I can survive off of one or the other, human food or what i feed off of"

"Don't speak to your mother like that" she spoke as she held her nose high in the air. "You know...mother...I've found ways to master my abilities, I've even discovered some that...you didn't know we had" I smiled suddenly "lets play a game...you like those right?"

"What kind of game" she asked curiously. "The same one you and coraline will play. Coraline loses, you have her and I'll stay by your side, forever." She moved over to the door as I moved closer to my sand copy "what if she wins" I smiled, knowing she'll use that on Coraline. "Then i win"

I walked passed the Beldam and went to my room without saying another word. The weaker she got, the stonger i became and not just that, I also wasn't afraid of her anymore, all fear i had for her was gone.

Now, i needed to start setring up everything so that it'd be perfect for when i win.

Coralines pov

I got into my parents bed and shaped the pillows to form my mom and dad. I had put the small triangle thingy that mrs Spink and mrs Forcible gave me away, I had no idea of what to do with it. I looked at the pillows and started crying as i laid down underneath the covers "goodnight mom" i said then kissed the stack of pillows that looks like my mom. I then did the same with the pillows that look like my dad and continued to cry. I eventually fell asleep.

A few hours into the night, i was woken up by the cat touching my face with his little paws. "Hello, how did you get in?...do you know where mom and dad are?" I looked at the cat with hope and he actually nodded. He then turned around and ran out of the room, I quickly followed behind him.

He led me to the mirror and i looked into it, I saw my parents in ut. They were covered in snow, huddled together and shivering "mom? Dad?" They saw me and my mom moved closer to the mirror, writing on the half frozen glass a backwards 'HELP US' then hugged my dad again as they dissapeared and the mirror went back to normal, having me stare at my own reflection.

I banged my fists against the mirror but maybe too hard because it shattered. I looked over at the cat "how did this happen?" He then turned again and went back to my parents room, I followed him and saw him dragging a doll put from under the bed, it was one doll but one side was my mom and the other, my dad. I gasped and stared at it in disbelief "She's taken them" I went back downstairs and started a fire in the fireplace and threw the doll into the fire, watching it burn.

Soon the doll was nothing more than ash and the fire died out. I stood up and looked at the snow globe on the mantel

"They're not coming back, are they?...not on their own. Only one thing to do." I turned my gaze to the small, locked door.

I grabbed my bag from my room, a jacket from my closet, the hand garden lopers, a candle and my hat from the chair in my room and finally, the small triangle, maybe it could be useful.

I walked to the door and got onto my knees, unlocking it then opening it. The vibrant colored tunnel was still dull and dark, filled with cobwebs and old childrens toys. I took a deep breath and exhaled, then started crawling trough it, the cat followed behind me.

"You know, you're falling right into her trap" he spoke "I have to go back, they are my parents" "challenge her then. She may not play fair, but she won't refuse, they'vegot a thing for games" "mhh. Okay"

The other door opened slightly, blowing out the candle and causing the cat to cower away

"Coraline?" I saw mom standing by the small door "mom?!" "Coraline! You came back for us" "Mom!" I yelled out happily and crawled out of the tunnel quickly, I stood up and hugged her as tight as i could

"Darling. Why would you run away from me?" I realized that this was the other mother, but then how did she have normal eyes just a moment ago? Can they do that?

"Where are my parents?" I asked her, trying to sound confident