chapter thirteen

Coralines pov

I was pulled from the mirror after talking with the ghosts. I fought back but then realized it was the other Wybie. He hid his face but i moved his hands away, I then saw that his mouth was stitched by the corners to keep him smiling "did she do this to you?" I asked and he remained silent. I removes the thread from the corners of his mouth and he rubbed them "I hope that feels be-"

I was cut off by him shushing me. He grabbed my hand and ran with me to the living room. We pushed the gint beelde case out of the way, it fell onto the floor with a loud thud.

"Coraline, is that you?" I heard the other mother yell from another room then heard (y/n) "Coraline, Come on, we're gonna miss the show" I saw him by the entrance of the door but something was off, like when he was with the other mother earlier, i don't think this was the real (Y/n).

I looked at him then at Wybie "lets go" we opened the door to see the loop was old and musty, it had kids clothes and toys in it and there was a lot of cob webs. I gasped at the sight and heard the other mother yell my name again.

I pulled Wybie and said "come on, she'll hurt you again" he shook his head and took off his glove to reveal a hand made up of sand. He blew on it and the sand blew away. I heard the other mother again and saw that the fake (y/n) was still standing by the door Wybie pushed me into the tunnel loop thing and closed the door. I ran through it as fast as i could and finaly made it to the other side. I closed the door and locked it then stood up and yelled "im home!"

Dusting the cob webs from my body, i walked through the house "nobody here?" "Hellooo! Hello helloo!" I yelled up the stairs "real dad!" I walked into his empty office. "Real mom!" I walked down the hallway "oh, moms groceries! " I said excited as i walked into the kitchen seeing the brown bag of groceries on the table

I touched the bag and it fell over causing flies to fly out of the bag, the food was all rotten and old. "Thats disgusting" i heard the doorbell ring and ran to it expecting to see my parents  (when i saw this scene, I thought  'yes, because your own parents would ring the doorbell with an unlocked front door, because thats logical') I opened the door and saw Wybie "oh, the Wybie that talks" he gave an awkward chuckle

"Yeah, so, you know that-that old doll i gave you, uhm...my grandma's real mad, says it was her sisters, the one that disappeared" I talked before he could finish "you stole that doll didn't you?" "Well, it-it looked just like you an-and i figured" "it used to look like this pioneer girl then huck Finn junior then it was this little rascal chick with all these ribbons and braids and....grandma's missing sister...I think i just met her, come on!"

I grabbed his hand and dragged him into the house with me "uh...listened, im really not supposed to woah-" I yanked him toward the living room and went to stand beside the little door. "She's in there" I said as I pointed to the door

"C-can you uh..can you...unlock it" he asked as he reached for the key but I grabbed his hand "not in a million years but it wouldn't matter, she can't escape without her eyes, none of the ghosts can" I looked down, my hand was still wrapped around his wrist.

He managed to get out of my hold "so i..I really to get that doll" I grabbed his arm again "great! I'd  love to get rid of it"
We walked up the stairs to my room and I opened the door to see that the doll wasn't on the chair anymore "where are you hiding you little monster?" I started searching for the doll around the room.

"You nd grandma been talking?" Wybje asked as he entered my room and i searched through my clothes chest for the doll "the dolls her spy, it's how she watches you and I have no doubt (y/n) can do it too, the real one not the sand one" I looked under the bed "the doll...it's my grandma's spy? Who's...who's (y/n)?" He asked as I looked for the doll in other places in the room

"No, the other mother, shes got this whole world,  everything's better, the food, the garden, the neighbors, the family, but its all  trap" I could hear him swallow

"Yeah...uh, i think i heard someone calling me Jonsey" "don't believe me? You can ask the cat"

He moved towards the door the started sprinting towards it "I'll just tell grandma that you couldn't find the doll-ow!" I threw my shoe at his head and took the other one off "You're not listening to me!" I aimed the shoe at him

He backed away and with each step bmhe said a word "thats...cause...you're...crazy!" He pointed at me as I threw the shoe at him and he ran away. I chased after him after getting my shoes. I chased him out of the house into the rain.

"You're crazy!", he yelled as he got onto his bike nd drove off "crazy? You're the jerkwad that gave me the doll!"

I then saw the car and ran to it "mom! Dad!" I got into it and used the phone that was on the seat to call dad but it went to voice mail.

"Where have you gone..."