chapter twenty

Your pov

I watched from my bedroom as the world was almost gone. The inside of my bedroom was slowly unraveling like the outside of the house. "She did it...she got all of the eyes"

"You sound like you weren't so sure she would be able to do it" the beldam stood in my room "show her your true form, she'll be even more scared of you than she is of me, you know she would." She spoke with a smile on her cracked face. I didn't say anything,  I couldn't, she was right.

"Go lose the game already" was all that I could say. She gave a small cackle and left the room, I followed behind her, there was no use for hiding now, she already found the eyes.

We waited in the living room for a few minutes and finally coraline walked in. The beldam sat on one of the bug chairs and I stood by the small door.

I knew that if coraline went through the beldams door, she would thinks she's home but she would actually be in another fake home the beldam created, she had to go through my door.

Coraline didn't see me but saw the beldam when she spoke from behind coraline "so...you're back, and you've brought vermin with you?" Coraline turned her body slightly "no, I brought a friend"

The beldam stood up "you know j love you" she caressed coralines face then poked her nose "you have a funny way of showing love" I finally spoke up, making myself known to coraline

The beldam looked at me then back at coraline "so, where are they, the ghost eyes" she took them out of her back and showed them to the beldam.

The beldam tried to grab them but coraline spoke as she yanked her hand back "hold on, we arent finished yet, are we?"

"No, I suppose we arent, after all, you still need to find your old parents. Too bad you don't have this" she held out her hand, on her finger was the triangle stone coraline had been using but lost. She threw in into the fire.

I walked towards coraline and spoke to her quietly "be clever, even if you win, she won't let you go" "ah, ah, no cheating (y/n)."

I glared at her and coraline then spoke "I already know where you've hidden them"

The beldam smiled "well...where are they then" "behind that door" she pointed to the door

"Oh the are, are they?" She asked, walking toward it, each of her spider like legs clacking on the floor as she moved.

I watched as she coughed up the key and opened the door. If I intervene now, she might be able to fight back and keep coraline here.

I heard coraline speak again "go ahead, open it, they'll be there alright"

The beldam smiled. I caught on to what coraline was trying to do. The beldam opened the door "You're wrong coraline, they aren't there, now you're going to stay here, forever"

"No, I'm, not" she threw the cat at the beldam and he started scratching at her face.

I saw as coraline stepped into view of the door, I started toward her so she wouldn't go through there but we were stopped when the floor turned into a giant web. Coraline fell right into the middle but I was caught on the edge by the wall. My human form was sticking to the web

the beldam yelled as the web started falling with the heavy items weighing it down "You horrible cheating girl!" Then started laughing as she latterly had coraline stuck in her web

I saw the cat exit through the small door "bastard cat" I spoke before looking down at coraline then back at the beldam who jumped down to the middle.

"No!" I yelled and....