chapter nineteen

I walked through and turned when Mr Bobinskis clothes stood up by me. He spoke in a distorted tone "hellooo, galoobooska" "My name, is Coraline" I said walking backward, away from him. He moved his arms and a small red ball came out of his sleeve, it was the ball the mice were playing with.

I used the triangle stone to look at it and sure enough, it was glowing a yellow color. "Uh-huh" I tried grabbing it and he pulled his hand back. He ran and hid again, I used the stone to look for him as he spoke

"You think winning game is good thing? You'll just go home and be bored and neglected" he appeared behind me and continued "same as always" he climbed onto a roof beam and hung upside down "Stay here with us. We will listen to youand laugh with you" he swung back and forth then fell onto the ground

He then crawled into the tent and I followed him. He was crouching down onto a large ball "If you stay here, you can have whatever you want, always!" I looked through the stone to see the ball in his hat.

"You don't get it, do you?" I asked moving toward him "I don't understand..." "of course you don't understand, your just a copy she made of the real Mr. B."

He hugged himself and his voice sounded even more distorted as he spoke "not even that...anymore" I grabbed his hat and took it off.

There was a rat inside, even more rats began pooling out of the sleeves of the arms and legs of the clothes. The one with the eye rolled away on a large wheel of cheese while the rest of them  each stood behind a cotton candy cannon.

I ran after the one on the cheese and was hit with multiple sticks of cotton candy. I fell and the rat rolled out through a doggy door. I threw the stone at it but it jumped and I missed.

I ran after it but was tripped by the rats and broke through the door, hitting my back onto the balcony, hard too. The balcony began breaking away from the apartment and falling I fell with it screaming.

Your pov

I watched as coraline fell "You're cheating! You can't kill her!" I yelled at the empty room I saw as coraline thankfully landed safely on the grass.

"Oh but you said you wouldn't cheat, I never said I wouldn't" I heard from the beldam who was now in the room

"Cheat all you want but you can't kill her, we made a deal, she wins, she leaves" I spoke becoming angry, she said nothing but was gone within the blink of an eye

Coralines pov

I somehow managed to not die.

I fell onto the ground and laid there for a moment before getting up and realizing, I've lost the stone I had and the shadow was almost fully over the moon.

I reached into my bag and took out the two eyes "oh God.. I've lost the game...I've lost everything..."I then began to cry.

I then heard the cat. I looked up to see him licking his paw with the dead rat on the grass. "I think I mentioned that I don't like rats at the best of times" I stood up as if said that and said "I think you might have said something like that" "it looked like you needed this" he used his paw to roll the third and last eye toward me. I said 'thank you' and picked it up.

The grass then began turning to stone  "Im heading inside, I still need to find my parents the shadow now covered the entire moon, apart from the four dots, making it look like a button, it then turned to stone too, spreading to  everything left outside, also turning it to stone.

I saw pieces of paper fall from the sky, the outside was now unraveling like thread. I had the cat jump into my bag and I ran toward the front door as the word around me disappeared. I made it into the house quick enough and breathed a sigh of relief.