chapter three

Coralines pov

I walked into dads new 'office' and stood by the door. I talked to him but he ignored me so i did what any kid does when they want attention, i annoyed him by swinging on the noisy door. He sighed and looked at me "you know, this house is 150 years old" he said as he turned in his chair to look at me "so?" I asked, not really caring

"So, explore it" he gave me a pencil and a notebook "count the windows, doors and rooms, right that down. List everything thats blue. Just.. let me work." He then turned back to the computer.

I sighed and took off my raincoat. I grabbed the doll and started my 'adventure'

After a while of boredom i started with rooms. In the part of the house we lived, there were four rooms. My room, mom and dads room, an empty one and a guest bedroom. I walked into the empty one.

The walls were a faded (f/c) color with the paint peeling off of the walls. The rest of it was relatively clean. I walked to a closet and opened it. In the corner was a little square with a small keyhole. I looked at it for a moment "theres another one in the living room..." i want the keys "MOOOM!"

I ran to her and nagged her for the keys. She gave in and looked through a drawer for keys. She took one out and i saw another. I grabbed that key and then showed her the door in the living room. She opened it and we saw that it was bricked up, meaning the other one must be too. She left the room without locking it and put the key away.

That night i was in bed, the other key was in my drawer in my room. I had put the doll onto the chair next to my bed "goodnight, little me" and i went to sleep.

A good while later, i woke up due to the sound of mice squeeking. I looked under my bed, where the sound was coming from and saw a mouse. It ran to the door and crawled underneath.

I got out of bed and put a blanket over my shoulders like a cape. I then opened my door and saw the mouse,
It ran and i followed it down the stares. I saw it go into the living room and then run from under the couch to the small open door. Nowhere to go now.

I opened it and said "gotcha" but instead of seeing the mouse, i saw a tunnel, a weird looking one. I took off my cape blanket and crawled through the tunnel to the other side and through another small door.

"Huh?" I said confused as i was in the same room as before. I heard humming and smelt something amazing. I followed the smell and the sound and ended up in the kitchen where i saw my mother...cooking

She was also...singing

Weirdest part was that it was the middle of the night

"This is so weird..." i said to myself as i entered the kitchen.

"Mom? What are tou doing here in the middle of the night?" I asked her. She turned around and she had buttons as eyes. "You're just in time for supper dear" and smiled

My heart sank at the sight "You're not my mother. My mother doesn't have b-b-bu-" "bubu-buttons? Do you like them? I'm your Other Mother silly. Now go tell your other Brother and other Father that suppers ready"

"But...i don't even have a brother" she smiled "but you've always wanted one right? Here, you do have one. (Y/n) he's in his ro- oh, nevermind, here he is now, just call your other father"

I turned around and saw a boy who looked a year older than me, he had (length) (color) hair and (color) buttons, he was (height).

"Supper smells good Mother, glad to see you've joined us Coraline"

"My name is Caroli- wait, you said it right" he said my name right and the urge to correct people made me almost say my name wrong "of course i did? You're my sister" i didn't know what to say to that "wheres...the other...father" i asked, still very confused about everything

"In his study" she said. I walked passed (y/n) as he smiled at me and walked into the kitchen.

Your pov

I was supposed to wait in my room as planned but i got curious. I went downstairs to the kitchen and saw Mother give me an unnoticeable glare while she spoke to Coraline. After the conversation, Coraline left and i walked into the kitchen "i told tou to stay in your room" "sorry Mother" "sit down, do not disobey me again" "yes Mother"

I sat down at my 'assigned' seat which was across from where Coroline should be seated

The plan now was that the sack of sand sing a song and they come down to dinner, we spoil her and then i get to bond with her as a 'brother'

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Mother "change those buttons back to black. (E/c) doesn't look good on you" "yes Mother" just like that, my buttons were back to the original color

.....
Posted: 20 November 2020
Edited: 30 July 2021