chapter seven

Coralines pov

I put a piece of cheese on the floor by my open bedroom door then got into bed and looked at it before going to sleep.

After what i assume to be a few hours of sleep, i woke up to the sound of mice squeaking. I smiled and sat up looking at the floor where i saw two mice carry the cheese out of my room, one came back and took the last piece of cheese before jumping out of the room.

I got out of bed and ran after them, they ran down the stairs and to the room with the door, i slid down onto the floor on my knees and grabbed the door, opening it to see the blue and purple swirly hallway as it extended to the other door where the mice ran out

My smile grew and i crawled through the hallway. I stood up and heard singing. I walked into the kitchen and saw that it was also night in this world. My other mother was making food.

"Welcome back darling" i said hi and she thanked me for the cheese i used as bait for the mice

"Would you go fetch your father and brother? I bet they're hungry as pumpkins by now" i held my hands and looked away "you mean my other father and other brother?" I asked

"Your better father and brother dear, they're out in the garden" "but, my parents don't have time to garden"

She shushed me and put a strawberry in my mouth and told me to go.

I walked out of the house and saw the moon rising over the garden. As it rose and the light shone over the garde, it started to grow and gain colour.

I opened the gate and saw humming birds, then a frog and some heart shaped flowers along the walls. I then saw my other father on a giant praying mantis walk out from behind a few giant hils, (y/n) was on the back of it but when he saw me he looked a bit surprised to see me and jumped off of the grasshopper.

He then smiled and slid down the hills as blue flowers bloomed behind him.

"Hey!" My other father said as he came down the hill. I cupped my hands ovee my mouth and yelled "i love your garden!"

"Our garden Coraline" (y/n) spoke next to me, I didn't even notice he had already reached me until he spoke.

Yellow flowers sprouted from the ground and started tickling me as (y/n) took a step back as to not get tickled.

Your pov

I watched as the rest of the garden bloomed and 'father' come over to Coraline, who was on the ground, laughing.

One of those flowers sprouted from the ground beneath me and tried to tickle me but i lifted my foot and stepped on it.

I saw 'father' cut the bunch of flowers and hand them to Coraline after saying "tickle no more you dragon snappers"

"Well, she says it's time for dinner...breakfast...food"

He told her to get onto the grasshopper to show her something, i was also invited to join them but i declined and said "I'm hungry, I'll see you inside sis."

I then walked to the house. I looked back at them already in the air and then walked into the house.

I walked into the kitchen and sat down "you didn't join them in the garden?" The Beldam asked "they don't need me, Mother"

After a while, Coraline and 'father' walked in, ready for Breakfast. The Beldam dished out the food and we started eating.

"Coraline. Mr Bobinski has invited you to come see the jumping mice perform after dinner" the beldam spoke then fed the flowers again.

"Really? That know-it-all Wybie said it was all in Mr. B's head, i knew he was wrong." She spoke with confidence

"Your father and i will clean up while you two and your friend head upstairs" she said being all creepy on the word friend.

"Our friend?" Coraline asked confused the. The beldam walked to the door and opened it and for some reason i felt mad.

She made a sand sack of that kid!

"Great! Another Wybie. Hello why were you born" the kid just waved "hello?"

"I thought you'd like him more, if he spoke a little less, so i fixed him" the beldam said.

"So...he can't talk?" I asked, feeling slightly better she said no.

"Now run along children, and have fun."

We walked to Mr. Bobinskis flat on the roof and i stopped paying attention when she started asking wybie the fake a couple questions.

I was surprised when she came back. I had to help 'father' in the garden because the beldam forced me to but i told the mice to warn her, i thought they did, i thought she wouldn't come back.

I then fell through a spinning door with Coraline and Wybie, which i did not expect.