chapter eight

We fell onto the floor and looked at the scene in front of us.

"Cool" Coraline said and giggled. Wybie was quiet, must be shy, or must not like speaking

I looked around as we started walking towards the small tent in the back of the room.

Coraline and i got some popcorn while Wybie 'accidentally' got covered in cotton candy. We heard the voice of someone inside who i assumed was Mr Bobinski and we crawled through the tent entrance to be met with a very large room, decorated to look like a circus.

I zoned out as Coraline fawned over her name being spelled out by the mice. My attention was on the small red rubber ball.

I couldn't take my eyes off of it. I knew what that ball was.

I remember when the Beldam and i used to decorate these places together, she always let me choose the colours and foods when i was younger, she also let me put the idea in of keeping the ghost children's eyes in plain sight. She liked that idea so much that she used it like that from then on out.

The whole reason why there are only three ghost children stuck in the mirror is because their eyes were kept in use, the rest were discarded of.

I smiled at the time the beldam and i spent together at some points in our lifetimes, the times she acted like an actual mother figure.

I was pulled from my thoughts by swirled stage falling down and Mr Bobinski standing inside of it. He bowed and thanked us the all the mice ran up his sleeve and into his hat.

Coraline thanked him again and he thanked us then we left.

It was already night time so the beldam, 'father' and Wybe sat around coralines bed as she got in. I stood in a corner, i didn't know why, but i was glaring at the beldam, i didn't think she noticed because she was consecrated on Coraline so i continued glaring

I saw as she fell asleep really fast, then we all left her room.

I walked around the gigantic house and came across the doll room. I walked in and looked out the window, the void was a portal that was able to send only dolls to the other world.

I looked at the needles and threads, the buttons, pins, fabrics and stuffings, all neatly placed to be easy to find.

I also saw a few glass eyes, which would come in handy when making a realistic looking sand person.

I turned to the door and saw a gaint mirror on the wall, i then looked into it and saw my spider form, i wasn't in that form but the mirror showed it to me.

I was deathly thin and very tall, my limbs looked like sharp bones but in some angles almost like metal rods. My face looked like skin pulled tightly over bone and my hair looked like a child cut it and my fingers were long and sharp and i also noticed that i was  larger than the beldam.

I stared at the mirror as chest began to hurt, like a sharp object was stabbing me. I quickly left the room, closing the door behind me.

I walked by the kitchen and saw the Beldam sitting in one of the chairs, that's all she does when the children are in the other world.

I stared at her with an emotionless face, she must have felt it because she looked at me, i just continued to stare. We looked at each other for a few more seconds before she furrowed her eyebrows and let out an almost silent breath then looked away without saying anything.

I looked at the ground, confused as to why i was staring for so long then shook the thought off and went to my bedroom, turning in for the night