chapter four

Your pov

Coraline and the sack of sand walked into the kitchen and took their seats as Mother got the food she had made, it was an amazing looking meal, she never made food like this for me or herself even, always just for her 'other children', i had to make myself food if i got hungry since i didn't want the 'eyes' of kids.

Mother set a large cooked chicken on the table on an open spot. I saw as Coraline stared at all of the food. We all put our hands together as 'father' prayed and made a small joke at the end, which wasnt funny but Mother made him say it so i had to pretend to laugh.

Mother rang a bell and everyone started picking food from the middle and filling their plates.

I ignored Mother speaking to Coraline and started eating, Whenever Mother had to cook and i was stuck in the Mirror, she wouldnt let me have any of what she made, so food like this wasn't common in our 'house'

I looked up when Coraline said that she was thirsty and the chandelier lowered in front of her, giving her a requested Mango milkshake

If i had eyes, they would have been huge, i did not know our chandelier could do that.

I leaned in towards Mother and spoke "Can i have some of that, please Mother" she gave me a side eye and quietly said no.

I moved back into my seat and pouted, mumbling "its as if she cares more for these mortals than she does her own kind.

I was about to take another bite of my food when it was taken away by Mother. I looked up to see that she had removed all of the food and plates, then she placed a cake on the table in front of Coraline.

I remembered that i was due to speak soon so i stood up and walked to where Mother was sitting and 'father' was standing. He had moved while i sulked about my food.

"Welcome home?" Coraline asked as she read the words on the cake

"We've been waiting for you, Coraline" mother spoke and coraline asked "for me?"

Thats was my cue "yip, it got real boring without you here" we all smiled at her

"I didn't know i had another mother" she spoke

"Of course you do, everyone does"

I wish i did....

"Really?" Coraline asked as Mother confirmed her lie "and as soon as your through eating i thought we would play a game"

"You mean like...hide and seek?" She asked "perfect, hide and seak, in the rain" mother replied, not noticing that there was no rain

"What rain?" Coraline asked and mother made rain appear and thunder clap

"What about the mud?" She asked

"We love mud" i rolled my eyes at the dialog and movementa Mother made him say and do

"Mud facials, mud baths, mud pies..."

"Mud plans..." I mumbled and saw her glare at me

"Its great for poison oak" she continued

Coraline quickly got uncomfortable and made an excuse to leave the dining room and the entire other world.

Mother and 'father' followed her up to her room as i stayed behind, knowing im going to get a scolding and a threat after they come back down and i have to go up there".

Within minutes, they both came back down and Mother dismissed 'father'

She stared into my soul, even though im just as powerfull as she is, im also very afraid of her, i still need to figure out how to use most of my abilities while she can controle all of them.

"I..i need to go up to bond with...uh...Coraline..i.." I startes but was cut off

"No. Shes asleep, i changed the mud plan,  you don't get to see her tonight, you get to sit in the mirror for how you behaved yourself tonight!" She yelled and grabbed me by my shirt and pulled me out of the dining room,  towards the mirror. I didn't even try to resist, it would have only made the punishment longer.

She threw me into the mirror and i scraped my knees and hands as i fell.

I sat up and looked at the wall where the mirror is supposed to be.

The three ghost kids came out from underneath the blanket on the bed and stared at me, they knew me quite well by now but were still afraid of me, so we dont speak.

I still dont know why there are only three ghost kids here when Mother has done this to so many other children

I got up and laid on the bed

"Maybe she just doesn't want me, maybe she doesn't have a heart..." I said to myself when one of the children floated above me and spoke

"She doesn't. You need to leave, stop her, save yourself!"

This was the first time they had ever spoken to me, they knew i was the beldams kid because theyve heard how she spoke to me and because ive been with her for so many years.

"Thats a stupid plan, shell find me, shes not an idiot, shes 'MOTHER' , the Mother,  my  Mother. I cant just disobey her"

"You'll be free" the one kid said

"I'll be free?" I asked

"Free" the second spoke

"Can i do it though?" I asked again

"Free from her" the third said

"Your right...but not just me...i need to warn coraline and we need to stop Mothe-... the beldam

....
Posted: 3 January 2021
Edited: 4 August 2021