chapter sixteen

Coralines POV

"

What does she mean...wonders?" I said to myself as I stared at the dripping tap. I then looked up and opened the curtains above the sink to see a view of the garden that was lit up with vright lights and colors "mhh".

I left the house and walked to the garden on the cobbleroad pathway and opened the metal gate that leads to the inside of the garden walls. The hinges of the gates squeeked as I opened them, walking in slowly and wearily while looking around for any dangers.

I walked passed the large heart shaped flowers and saw as they moved like actual hearts pumping, in the beginning they looked pretty but now that everything is scary they are just creepy.

I heard a small clatter of noise and turned my head toeards my right and to the ground to see the snapping flowers. I started steppin onto them as they tried to snap at my feet. Thats when something grabbed my legs and i fell to my stomach, all my belongings scatterimg across the ground as I was being dragged backwards.

I tried to move myself towards the clippers i had brought with me.

Your pov

I watched Coraline struggle from the kitchen window. The Beldam was being unfair, trying to kill the poor girl before she even finds the first ghost childs eyes. I turned to walk out there and help her myself but saw the Beldam standing in the kitchen, still in her spider form.

"No helping, thats cheating" she said as she smiled "I don't cheat, you do." "Then you won't help her...or, do you not think she'll win the game...like you said she would"

"She'll win" I said and walked out of the kitchen. I then sensed that Coraline got ahold of the clippers and cut herself free. I gave a small smile and a sigh of relief and walked to the lounge room. I stood by the fireplace and looked at the snowglobes on the mantel.

I knew the beldam didn't really have her parents. The first time she crawled trhough my door, she basically trapped herself here. The beldams door doesn't lead her back home anymore its a fake door with illusionson the other side now, she needs to go through my door again. The door she goes through is the only door she can use to get back.

Of course, both the Beldam and I knew this, I wasn't allowed to say anything, I was still afraid of her at that point, but if I tell Coraline now, I'd have cheated in the game and we lose...

_______

Hey, so this was really short, shorter than the last chapter but i only have like 30 minutes of the movie left and need to stretch that out so the book will be longer.

I took a month break to focus on my life and I'm trying to slowly start writing again and have to try to update my other books too

I hope the chapter wasn't that bad.

Also, please follow me for any updates you might not see on my account Board

And thanks so much. I took my break with only 41k reads and got like maybe 8ish k reads in just a month on this book, thank you, i appreciate you all!