Chapter 1

Obeying the torrential demands of your 7 AM alarm, you woke up and opened your phone to turn it off. Once the shrill beast was silenced, you sat up in bed and leaned against the headboard.

So tired... You sighed, reluctant to leave your bed and prepare for class.

It was your third week of your first year at Hope's Peak as part of the 77th Class. You were scouted out and labeled the Ultimate Tailor due to your immense ability to create garments, dresses, costumes, and suits of any variety. "Tailor" was a bit limiting in terms of titles, as you could do much more than the average tailor. While tailors tend to simply modify garments to fit their client, your area of work extends through the entire process of creating an outfit, from finding raw fabric to finishing a costume complete with ornate details. Your work had been used in Broadway productions, fashion shows, and even purchased by royalty. You took pride in your work and felt deserving of your place at Hope's Peak.

You left your bed and moved to the bathroom of your dorm, washing up and getting ready for the day. You had your own wardrobe of clothes and preferred them to the school's provided uniform. The principal had offered you the option to design and create new uniforms for the students, and you responded by promising to consider it.

Dressed and ready, you tucked your dorm key into your school bag and left your room.

On your way to the cafeteria you ran into Sonia, the Ultimate Princess. She was a dazzling beauty, as always.

"Good morning!" She had just exited her dorm and moved to walk alongside you.

"Good morning, Sonia." You smiled gently.

"How did you sleep?"

"Very good. I just replaced the school-issued bedding with a custom bedding set that I created. The material is incredibly comfy!"

"That sounds wonderful!" Her face lit up with genuine interest. "I may have to request a duplicate for myself."

"I'd be happy to do that for you, among my other commissions." You tried not to think about the heap of jobs and commissions from various elites and companies. There was a lot of work you were behind on.

You entered the cafeteria with your princess classmate, greeting the rest of your class. Well, not your entire class, but at least the students who had also woken up on time.

"Good morning, everyone!" Sonia greeted the group brightly.

"G'morning, Sonia!" Kazuichi leaned back in his chair almost too far while greeting her.

"Morning." Chiaki took her freshly prepared breakfast from Teruteru who was working behind the counter and walked back to the largest table where everyone sat.

Despite only two weeks passing, your class had grown incredibly close. It was likely due in large part to Ms. Yukizome, your homeroom teacher. She brought your class together and was open and accepting of everyone's eccentric personality.

Breakfast passed and the students went to their classroom to begin school. Chisa Yukizome arrived, then promptly left to retrieve the students that didn't show up to class. Several minutes later the entire class was assembled and studies began.

The school day was significantly shorter than other schools just so the students had time to hone their individual talents. You breezed through your four primary classes and your singular elective class, finishing the school day at 1. Once classes ended, the students parted ways, leaving you with the rest of the afternoon to yourself. Stepping out of the classroom, you checked your phone.

Okay, first things first. My supplies should've arrived today. I've gotta go pick them up.

You left campus, taking a bus to the post office. The fabrics you used in your projects weren't sold at generic craft stores and you had to specially order them. The school didn't have any postal system, and as such, you had to use a PO box.