Chapter 10

"A lot more than I would've imagined." Hajime stood outside your dorm, having completed your guide around the school. You both idled on the first floor, wrapping up your time together. "Thank you for showing me around. It really means a lot." 

  "Anytime!" You shuffled through your pocket and pulled out your room key, thrusting it into the lock and jangling the door open. Pocketing the key, you stepped in to a recently cleaned room, either by Mikan or academy staff or Chisa you weren't sure. "Do you...want to come in?" You looked over your shoulder at him. 

  "U-um, only if you want me to. I shouldn't intrude." Hajime held up his signature hands in protest.

  "I don't mind at all. Look, I'll show you what I've been working on." You moved towards your desk, leaving ample space for him to enter. 

  "Oh...!" Hajime seemed antsy to see your work, yet still held some hesitancy about entering. He gingerly stepped inside, placing a hand on the doorknob to close it. He stopped and released his grip on the knob, approaching you while leaving the door open. 

  You didn't mind his choice. If he felt more comfortable that way, then so be it. "Here, here's some sketches of a piece I haven't started yet." 

  "Oh, wow." Even on paper, the concept you created for an American pop star was stunning. She had requested an outfit for the Met Gala, which, while several months away, was still something she focused a large amount of attention on. 

  "I'm almost afraid to start it, since it's so extravagant," you laughed. "These sequins and glittery sheets are a pain to sew." You pointed at a few swatches stapled to the corner of the sketch paper. 

  "I wouldn't even know where to start," Hajime marveled. His eyes fell off the table and onto the dress form holding a completed work you were waiting to package and ship out. The dark uniform completely enveloped the dress form it adorned with silky folds that flowed down to the floor, flooding across the carpet in a black puddle. It was a cloak, clearly meant for a character of great stature; the dress form certainly wasn't tall enough to hold it. The shoulders were decorated with hefty silver ornaments, with flashy leaflets and grey flames sprouting off its position on the fabric. "What's this for?"

  "A costume for a movie in production. It's a part of the villain's final outfit." You swished around the fabric, looking over the piece that you resented purely for the silver decorations. "It's all finished, I just need to deliver it." 

  "It's really pretty." Hajime took an interest in an outfit you thought to be rather plain. "Can I touch it?" 

  "Of course!" You allowed your fan to stroke his fingers along the black waterfall, pinching bits and taking in the texture of the cloak. "Hey, you're probably around 180 centimeters, right? Do you want to try it on?" you asked.

  "What? Really?" Hajime pulled away and clutched his own blazer. 

  "Sure! It's designed for someone around 185 centimeters, but it'll only drag a little. Look, you can just put it on over your uniform." You unclipped a hidden latch near the neck of the cloak and pulled it off the form, ensuring that the inky train was completely free of its previous perch. "Just stand still." You gave Hajime little choice as you reached around his shoulders and placed the costume on his back, securing it in the front. Smoothing out a few stray ruffles, you stepped back and beamed at your work adorning your model. 

  "How is it?" Hajime laughed shyly, looking down on the intense clothing over his plain uniform. 

  "It looks good. It really does. I kinda like how it drapes on the floor. Besides, you've got a good stature for broad outfits." Your brain operated on Tailor mode, contemplating the ups and downs of the outfit. Mostly ups, though.