Chapter 8

You could do nothing but follow security to the school building. Chisa located Hajime's homeroom and led everyone there.

  "Wait! Seriously!" You were caught up in the stampede, having to seriously hustle to keep up with the brutes.

  Juzo aggressively stormed into Class 1-A, wasting no time knocking.

  "Hajime Hinata! We're looking for Hajime Hinata!" he bellowed. The classroom went silent. You pushed your way to the front of the group and stumbled into the classroom, falling against Juzo. Standing straight, you immediately looked to Hajime's seat at the back of the room. Hajime had already bolted up in surprise and cringed away from the dozens of eyes on him. 

  "You Hinata?" Juzo called to the teenager.

  "Y-yes." Hajime's voice barely escaped his throat. Upon his answer, several guards hurried across the classroom and apprehended him, holding him by either arm. "What's happening? What did I do?" 

  "Don't say a word. You're coming with us," Juzo said.

  "What?!"

  "Hajime!" You ran to his side, just as panicked as he was.

  "What's going on?" Hajime asked.

  "I don't know. I don't know at all." You stayed close to him. 

  "Let's go!" Juzo yelled, leaving the classroom. The guards began dragging Hajime out of the room, giving him no chance to get on his feet. 

  "Stop! Don't be so rough!" You followed them out. 

  Back in the hallway, Hajime finally stood and brushed the guards off of him. "Quit it. I won't resist." The guards allowed Hajime to walk on his own under strict supervision.

  "Hajime, they found poison in your room. In the milk carton you threw away." You stayed close to Hajime and explained what you could. 

  "What? How did that happen?" 

  "I don't know. There's no way you're responsible." You shuffled silently alongside him. "Right?"

  "(y/n), I would never do something to hurt you. I had no part in this."

  "Good." 

  "Knock it off, you two." Juzo stepped harshly between and shoved you both apart. "We don't need you deliberating with the suspect."

  You groaned, the push jostling your system and reinvigorating your headache. Geez, all this commotion on top of being sick. I feel terrible.

  Your leg unexpectedly gave out and you almost fell to the floor, just barely catching yourself. "Sorry..." you exhaled, unable to think between the pain and the adrenaline.

 "Are you alright?" Hajime ignored Juzo's attempted separation, returning to you and placing his hands on your shoulders. 

  "I'm okay. Thank you." You kept walking. 

  "You should probably head back to the academy," Chisa suggested. 

  "No, I'm staying with him." You refused. "Where are we going?"

  "To Jin's office. We have to let him know what we found. You'd better get ready to start confessing, Hinata." Juzo never dropped the bad guy routine. 

  "I have nothing to confess," Hajime stated. 

  "Don't bother with the lies."

  "He has nothing to confess." You echoed Hajime statement, begrudgingly taking advantage of your Ultimate status.