Double Life

You wait by the gates, pacing back and fourth waiting. You feel cold, the airport seemingly much too large to heat during the freezing winter. You stop, tapping your foot, impatient.

People coming off planes would pass by, making you even more impatient. You look again, another crowd of people walking towards you. You straighten and gasp slightly as you see (y/b/f). Their hair had gotten slightly longer, and their face looked a little more aged, but you would recognize them anywhere.

You waved as hard as you could, hand as far as you could reach into the air. Their eyes snapped to you, instantly lighting up with recognition and joy. They raced to you, their suitcase wheeling behind them at top speed.

You ran to meet them, colliding hard enough to knock the air out of your lungs as you hugged.

"Fuck it has been way too long," they said, squeezing you tighter.

You gasped for breath, nodding.

The separated and you smiled. "Okay, we have a lot to do. Let's get your stuff in the car, and I'll take you to the house. Hopefully Hannibal and Will are up now."

They wiggle their eyebrows, winking at you at the mention of the two of them.

"Shit- they don't know you know. We're keeping the relationship very quiet because, well, Hannibal is my psychiatrist and Will's."

(Y/b/f) giggles and nods, assuring you that they won't let the secret slip.

You grab their suitcase, letting them carry their other bags.

(Small time skip brought to you by the idea of Bryan Fuller reading this)

You park on the side of the street, getting out like you always do, pausing when you see your best friend gawking at the house.

You laugh, tapping their shoulder. "C'mon, gawking can wait."

They shake their head and nod, getting out and grabbing their suitcase from the back as you get the rest of the stuff. You take the lead, keeping a slow pace to make sure you don't leave them behind.

You open the door, wiping your boots off on the doormat. They follows your lead, eyes still wide.

You smile as you walk in, dropping the bags in your hand as you unlaced your boots. "Boys, I'm home!"

You heard a shuffle and footsteps from upstairs, and you smiled wider. Your best friend looked over at you, nervousness and excitement written on their face.

Hannibal and Will walked down the stairs, and you stifled a giggle at Hannibal wearing a suit, compared to his casual clothes around you. Will was still in his undershirt and jeans, clearly much more carefree about what (y/b/f) thought of him.

"(Y/n, welcome back. And, I presume you're (y/b/f)." You looked over at your friend, elbowing them out of their seeming staring contest they were have with the two on the stairs.

"Oh- uh, yeah," they said, shaking their head, clearly flustered.

You and (y/b/f) had followed the two of them and their case with The Chesapeake Ripper closely, and had slightly shipped them for almost four years. You were so close to laughing at the clear shock and awe your best friend was at meeting the two idols.

"Well," Will said, walking down the stairs to the front door where you two stood. "It's very nice to meet you, (y/b/f). (Y/n) has told me a lot about you."

"She seemed to miss you a lot," Hannibal continued, coming to a stop by Will. You made eye contact with Hannibal, silently willing him to not to say anything that shouldn't be said. You do the same with Will.

You wrap an arm around (y/b/f)'a waist, and walk in between the boys, talking to them about wanting to catch up, have a friends night, and so on.

"So, uh, sleeping arrangements?" You freeze at the question. Even though the house technically had two empty rooms, due to you sleeping with the two now behind you, you doubted Hannibal and Will would appreciate you sharing that fact.

"We don't have any extra rooms. But, I can pay for you to get a hotel just down the road if you want," you say, studying your lovers out of the side of your vision. They both seemed relaxed, but you could tell they were tense.

Their thoughts had to be filled with what would happen if someone slipped and even hinted towards the relationship.

"Yeah! That sounds nice. But I'll pay. I have a lot of money saved up, and I would feel bad making you pay for a trip you didn't know was happening."

You nod, taking your friend into the sitting area, leaving the boys behind to talk and relax.

(Time skip of a friends day brought to you by the capitol getting rioted)

You close the door behind you, releasing a sigh of relief as you kick off your shoes. You take off your coat, slumping.

You start up the stairs, ready to take a shower and go to sleep.

"Where do you think your going?" You turn to see Will at the bottom of the stairs, puppy dog eyes staring at you.

"To take a shower and sleep. (Y/b/f) has worn me out to the bone."

"But we haven't gotten to do anything with you all day. Your boyfriend wants some attention." You could tell it wasn't just Will from how he was acting, but that Hannibal was wanting you to come see him too.

You turn and sigh, trudging down the stairs. Will smiled, running towards Hannibal's study.

You follow, fighting sleep. You look at your phone, seeing that it was only 8 o'clock.

You walk into his study, eyes locking me on to Hannibal. He was sitting at his desk, eyes scanning what looked to be his notes.

You walked in front of Will, coming over to Hannibal. He didn't move, didn't even seem to notice you.

You wrapped your arms around him from behind, resting your head on top of his. You expected him to jerk, but instead he just relaxed, leaning his head back to rest on your chest. You smile, winking at Will.

"I think it's time for you to get away from the notes and come spend time with me." Hannibal just nodded at the offer, but you could tell he was craving it.

You just smiled, grabbed his and, and walked to the living room.

***

Sorry for the late upload, I had a school project to finish and didn't have much time to write. Hope the length makes up for it!