Run

You clench your hands into fists and you leave the café, trying desperately to fight down the panic that was rising in your chest as you thought about what just happened. You dropped the mask long enough for the realization of what was happening to hit you square in the face, and now you felt bile rise in your throat. Will's face was still stone cold, almost completely empty of emotion save for the glimmer of worry when his eyes darted to look at you.

The sun was still high in the sky, clouds kindly drifting over it to give brief relief from the heat beating on your back.

You stayed completely silent, mind turning over every second of the plan in your head for the third time.

It seemed almost fool proof, but you kept finding one hole in it that could cause it to all fall flat.

Eyes everywhere in the city. All with some knowledge of what the three of you looked like. Meaning it was going to be nearly impossible to get out this city.

"(y/n)?" The sound of Hannibal's voice, soft with worry and tenderness shaking you out of your thoughts.

You looked around, brows furrowing as you saw your kitchen come into view.

"Shit, sorry. When did we get home?" Hannibal ran a hand through your hair, scanning over your face.

"About ten minutes ago. You got here, and seemed to blank. Are you okay? Normally stress causes this kind of response." You laugh, huffing as reality fully set in.

"Sweetheart, we're on the FBI Most Wanted List, with Jack heading our hunt, and their on our ass. I've lost the only person that cared for me other than you two, and a stranger came up to me and told me they worked for an underground organization that would herd us to Canada because they agree with our 'lifestyle'."

Hannibal froze, eyes narrowing. "What was that last bit?" Will poked his head into the kitchen, worry carving wrinkles into his forehead.

"Someone contacted me on Twitter, telling me to come to the coffee shop before Jack came, and turned out to be someone allegedly here to help us escape without going to prison."

Hannibal eyes went distant for a moment before refocusing and nodding.

"I hoped they would help. I'll contact them tonight, and hopefully before Jack comes to raid this place we can slip away."

You furrow your eyebrows, hand wrapping around Hannibal's wrist to stop the soothing motion of his hand running through your hair. "You just trust these people?"

Hannibal huffed softly, shaking his hand enough to make you let go. "Sweetheart, I know these people. It's, a long story, but I'm guessing one you need to hear."

You nod, still studying him in confusion.

"During my childhood, my family was killed in the war, even though we were Lithuanian royalty. I became an orphan, and on day," he stopped, taking a breath, closing his eyes, hand still making soothing motions through your hair. "One day, I snapped. I killed a worker that was abusive and ran. All the way to my uncle's estate in France. Past concentration camps, through the woods, in the wind, the snow."

"When I came there, my uncle had passed. But his wife, Lady Murasaki, took me in. She trained me with the blade of her ancestors, and that's where I began to, hone, who I am today."

"She still keeps in contact with me, from a distance. She created a group of people that support and sometimes do the things we do. That's why I know these people."

You shake your head, suddenly bending over, a laugh violently rising from your chest.

You take a deep breath, smothering the giggles that still were coming out of you. "That is the most strange, fanfiction-esque story I've ever heard. But I understand a little now."

Hannibal simply nodded, smiling. "It is, a bit odd. But my life has never been normal."

"None of our lives have been," Will said, now leaning on the door frame, hands in his pockets. "Need I remind any of you that we are serial cannibals' who are in a polyamorous relationship on the run from the FBI."

You begin to laugh again, checks hurting from how hard and long you had been laughing. It felt refreshing to finally be happy after so much stress and anxiety.

You felt a buzz in your back pocket and pull your phone out on instinct.

"Outside the building three blocks down from your apartment. I'll meet you there. 10 at night. Be discreet, and don't be late. Jack plans on raiding at 12 if you don't show up."

You look up at your boys, still smiling, eyes scanning you with a look of curiosity.

Maybe this would be okay.

***

Alright, before I get a comment, the backstory about Lady Murasaki is cannon to both movie and book Hannibal. I just left out the part with him screwing her. And the drugs.

Anyone want to place bets on what's going to happen during the escape next chapter? Trap, raid, death, maybe a little angst? I'll give someone an @ at the beginning of a fluff chapter if they can guess it partially correct.