Slip

(2 month time skip brought to you by Trump losing)

You walked to the crime scene, hands clammy and eyes darting around slightly.

The three of you had 'collected food for dinner' last night, and now you were a nervous wreck at the scene. You took a deep breath, and tried to get control of yourself.

Forcing your breath to slow, and your eyes to focus on the people around you, you slowly relaxing.

Will had again been too tired to come, the bags under his eyes so prominent even your makeup couldn't cover them.

Hannibal had sighed, running a hand down his face, and told him to stay home. He had grabbed your hand, kissing Will on the forehead before heading out the door.

You could feel Hannibal's presence behind you, but you elected to ignore it to hopefully help... something.

Hannibal knew that Will continuously not coming to these crime scenes was going to incriminate him, but there wasn't much the two of you could do. So, you did your best to point away from the three of you, leading the FBI on goose chases that ended with a "pig" in jail or a dead end.

You could tell Jack was getting suspicious, though. He would often ask about Will, poking and prodding at any hole in your excuses to get some reason to look further into it.

You sighed through your nose as you walked into the open field, your eyes barely registering over the broken bodies before Jack came over.

"Again?" You don't even have to question what he means, and you immediately launch into an explanation.

"He couldn't sleep last nig-" you stop, freezing.

That wasn't the story you had told him over the phone.

"He couldn't sleep last night because of how sick he was, so he couldn't come."

Jack raises his eyebrow, eyes narrowing. You scold yourself internally for slipping.

"Sure. Again, we know who did it. It's clearly R and M," he said, arms crossed. You chuckle at the nickname the FBI has taken to calling your boyfriends, and shrug.

"I agree. Standard killing. Some new method, organ stolen, no evidence."

He nods, still looking at you with his eyes narrowed.

"Sorry to ask again, but where was Will last night?"

You stiffen a little at the question, gritting your teeth. "At his house as far as I know."

Jack nods, clearly not believing you. "I just wonder... how do you know that?"

You jerk slightly at his pointed question, bumping into Hannibal.

You jump, falling to the ground. You groan, ignoring the hands that reach out to pick you up.

"Sorry, Ms. (y/n), I didn't mean to scare you."

You just nod at him, remembering to playing as if you two barely know and tolerate each other.

"To answer your question Jack, i asked him. I don't know for sure, but I believe he wouldn't lie to me."

Jack seems to soften at your answer, remembering who he was being suspicious of. His eyes soften slightly, but you can still see the weariness in them.

"Okay. Well, I think we have what we need from you. I will most likely call you tomorrow to come up to Quantico for the autopsy and some more in depth analysis."

You nod, turning on your heel to walk back to Hannibal's car. The soft, turning green, grass crunched under your feet as you trudged across the field back.

As you walked back down the hill, Hannibal grabbed your hand, making you turn in confusion.

You yanks you into a suffocating hug, squeezing the air out of you.

"I love you, (y/n). I don't know how this is going to play out in the end, but I just want you to know."

You push at his chest, signaling for him to let you go. "I know," you said, pulling him down by his tie to meet your lips.

You relish the moment, afraid of how short the happiness might be.