New Light

The wind blew cold, and you silently thanked Hannibal for buying you the jacket. Not to mention the rest of it.

You leaned forward, eyes darting between the road in front of you and Hannibal and Will beside you. You released the clutch further, flying ahead of the two.

The sky above was pitch black, stars barely visible from the light coming from the street. People, architecture, cars, all passed by in a colorful blur.

You slowly put more pressure on the clutch, slowing down. Pulling to the curb, you kick down the bike stand, climbing off. Hannibal pulls in a few seconds later, motorcycle right next to yours.

You pull off your helmet, shaking your head, letting your now black hair fall back into place. You let your dress fall back down, and you silently praise yourself for remembering to wear tights. Hannibal does the same with his helmet, eyes watching you. You walk over to Will, pulling off his helmet for him, his curly hair falling down. Hey looks shocked and slightly nauseous after the ride, and you giggle softly at him, propping your helmet under you arm.

"You're better than I expected, if I'm being honest," Hannibal said softly, eyes scanning the streets. You push him with your shoulder lightly, pouting.

"I told you my dad taught me. I'm not a beginner."

Hannibal just shrugged, looking over at Will.

"Was it really that bad, darling?" Will shook his head, blushing slightly at the nickname.

"I'm just... not used to it. New city, new country, and I've never rode a motorcycle." Hannibal nods, grabbing Will's and your hand, leading you down the sidewalk.

You smile.

It had been a month since the three of you had escaped. Will had grown out his hair again, deciding he liked the soft curls and messiness over the well kept, jelled hair. You had taken the opportunity to dye your hair from a (y/h/c) to a black.

The new house was beautiful, a large kitchen, two bedrooms, a large library, and an indoor pool.

Thinking about what that pool had been used for, more than just swimming, You blush.

You follow Hannibal as he walks into a building, the top floor's windows bright. You know this is a small, lavish party that's meant to help Hannibal get his job. You feel slightly nervous at the idea of being a spectacle in front of people of Hannibal's status.

You take a deep breath, running your fingers through your hair before you try to smooth out your dress.

You walked up the stairs, into the room, the multiple chandeliers giving the room an almost magical glow. Some walked around chatting, while others were on the dance floor. You watched as the couples twirled and dipped to the music played by the orchestra in the back.

"Darling, it's rude to stare." You blush, looking down, Hannibal's warmth radiating off of him.

"You can ask if you want to dance, sweetheart." You immediately shook your head, paling and the memories of past middle and high school dances.

"I promise you would be fine. It's all about the lead." You weigh the pros and cons of dancing with him, and sigh.

You look over to Will, who is standing with someone, a man with curly dark hair and two champagne glasses in hand.

"I'm going to step on you," you say softly, leaning back on him as you watch the couples on the floor again.

"I promise I've felt much worse than someone stepping on my toes. And, I guarantee you won't."

You give in, nodding. You can tell he is smiling, even without looking at him. He moves out from behind you, holding out his hand. You had seen enough movies to know what he was asking, and you laid your hand gently in his.

He smiled at you, leading you onto the dance floor. Your heart was beating a mile a minute, and you made yourself focus on the pressure of Hannibal's hand holding yours, your dress brushing against you legs.

Hannibal turned to you, placing his other hand on your waist. You place yours on his shoulder, eyes closed.

"Darling, I promise you are fine. Please open your eyes." You sigh through your nose, opening your eyes.

"Just follow where I step. Just left, right, left, right." You simply nod, too focused on the task at hand to speak.

You start moving, relaxing as you realize it wasn't nearly as hard as you remembered. You finally look back at Hannibal, noticing how brilliant his eyes look.

You realize this is what he must have been used to, as least in his younger years. He moved gracefully, eyes glued to you.

"See, not too bad." You nod, smiling at him. You catch a glimpse out of the corner of your eye as Will laughs with the man, a small soft laugh. You smile, knowing it's genuine.

Hannibal's eye glimmer, the red of his eyes standing out against his suit, and you fight the urge to kiss him.

He stops, moving you off of the dance floor.

"As much as I would love to do that with you all night, I honestly do need to talk to some of the people here that are supposed to help me with that job."

You nod, walking over to Will and the strange man.

"All of these people are very, different." The man said, his American accent throwing you off.

"I'm offended," you say, a smile on your lips as you stop next you Will.

The man turns his head to the side, but smiles.

He sits one of the glasses on a tray of a passing waiter, and holds out a hand. You hold out yours, intrigued as he kisses it.

"Antony, and you may be?" Your response is practiced, something you had been working on since you had come to Italy.

"Sappho," you say, smiling politely.

"Your face looks oddly familiar," he says, eyes studying you. You look confused, eyebrows furrowing.

"I don't think I know you. But it is nice to meet you."

Hannibal comes beside you, and you almost jump back onto Will.

"Hi, you must be Antony. I've met you before, at a party a week or so ago."

Antony's face lights up, and he smiled wider.

"Ah, Cassius. It's nice to meet you again."

Hannibal nods, and turns to both you and Will. "I'm sorry to make you both leave so soon, but the family will be here soon, and we need to get back."

You internally wonder why Hannibal is hurrying a leave, but you brush it aside.

"Oh, I completely forgot."

You nod to Antony before following Hannibal back to the stairs you had entered from. Will stayed back, saying a longer goodbye to his newly made friend.

He caught up as you stopped by your bike, and turned to Hannibal.

"I was actually enjoying a gathering slightly. Is there a reason you pulled us from it like a man on the run?"

Hannibal looked pale, and you felt a shiver of fear run down your spine.

"FBI is sending agents here. Including Jack."

***

Happy Valentine's Day! I have to celebrate with only my family and friends, but at least (y/n) has someone, or someone's.

I made a tres leche today, and that shit was FINE. Anyway, have a good day, muffinheads!