Better

You sat in the kitchen with Hannibal, watching him cook, hands moving like it was muscle memory.

Your head bobbed, almost falling asleep. Will chuckled beside you, kissing your temple.

After three days of being out of commission, Will and Hannibal nursing you back to life had made your bond strong quickly.

"How long has it been since you slept, (y/n)?"

You sigh, resting your head on your palm. "I got some sleep yesterday," you say, eyelids getting heavy again.

"You need rest," Hannibal said sternly. You roll your eyes, scowling at him.

"Oh, bite me," you say, looking back down at the file in front of you.

It had been 3 days since you had done any work for the FBI, and you were now bingeing all of it to catch up.

"He might take that as an offer, (y/n)," Will says softly, a laugh bubbling up after.

"I'll sleep when I catch these two," you huff, pointing to the file you'd been studying for the past 18 hours.

"It's been years, and no one has caught them, not even the best FBI profilers," Will said, turning to look you in the eyes.

He grabbed your hand, squeezing it.

"Take a break. Your not going to make any breakthroughs killing yourself over old information."

You sigh in defeat, knowing he's right.

You get up, stretching, and rub your eyes. "I'm gonna go to sleep, wake me when Hannibal makes lunch."

Will just nods, walking around the counter to the psychiatrist.

You turn, heading back towards your room, as Will lays his head on his boyfriends shoulder, a look of concern on his face.

***

"If she keeps it up like this, she's going to realize."

Hannibal didn't even look up, continuing his cooking.

"Hannibal, do you want to get arrested? Do you want to be put in prison for the rest of our lives, separated, or killed?"

Hannibal stopped, taking the pan off the eye of the stove.

"Will, you can let your mind go through every scenario possible, or you could take a deep breath and listen. I've been doing this for decades, and no one has gotten close to catching me. The police are to incompetent to."

Will took in a breath, breathing out slowly. He rested his head back on Hannibal, relaxing as Hannibal rested his head on top of Will's.

"Okay. But if she figures out, it's gonna be hard to make her understand," Will said softly.

"I know."

***

You woke to the sound of your phone ringing. You groan, rolling over, and see that it's (y/b/f).

"What-" you growl, rubbing your eyes.

"Well someone's in a grumpy mood," (y/b/f) laughed.

"I haven't slept for three days, and I just want to hibernate for the next 24 hours," you grumble, turning over.

"Okay, okay. I just wanted to check up on you to make sure things are going good again."

You sigh, burying your head in the fluffy pillows.

"Better, but not perfect," you say, voice still muffled.

You faintly hear her go on a spill about what's going on back in (y/h/t), but before she can say a full sentence you drift off into a deep sleep again.

**

Okay- hi! I know this chapter is a LOT shorter than what I normally write, but I'm just now getting back to the point of writing any, so please go easy on me. Sorry it took so long to make this chapter, school and everything took up so much time I couldn't find the time or will to do this. But I'm back!

If you have any suggestions, you can always comment, and if you want to say anything, my DM's are open-

Until next time!!