Breathe

This chapter is dedicated to @ravenslay67 who has been voting on my story for a while :)

***

You felt a hand around your throat, pressure so hard on the front you thought for certain your windpipe was going to collapse. You writhe against the pressure, your own reaching to grab it.

Your eyes snap open, and you meet the hatred filled stare of Jack, his mouth a thin line as he held impossibly tighter on your throat, eyes alight with anger and determination. You try and scream, scream for your boys, scream to whatever person might hear, but you can't make a sound, the wind in your body gone.

"(Y/n)! Please!" You jerk, snapping up in the bed, sweat dripping down your face.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, we're right here." You feel a hand run through your soaked hair, another rubbing your back in soothing circles.

You continue to gasp for air, one hand still on your throat. You slowly take it away, eyes scanning the dark room.

"No one's here, it's just us sweetheart. Can you take a breath for me?" You hear Will's voice, calming the screaming in your head. You nod, taking a small shaky breath, and realize there are tears rolling down your cheeks. You wipe them away, embarrassment making you turn red.

"Nightmare?" Hannibal asked softly, his hand still running comfortingly through your hair. You nod, slumping against the headboard.

You close your eyes, fighting you keep your breathing steady. Your heart is still hammering in your chest, the sound so loud it felt like both of the boys could hear it.

"Do you want to try and go back to sleep or is that a no go?" You hold up your hand, flashing two fingers, not trusting your voice to be steady enough to speak.

"Alright, tv?" You nod, watching as Will gets up, throwing the covers off. You sigh, putting your hand out on Hannibal's chest, pushing him back down on the bed.

You knew you wouldn't be able to get Will to fall back asleep, partially because your nightmare could cause him to have one, and partially because he wouldn't leave you awake after a bad night, because you wouldn't leave him. But Hannibal still had a job under an alias that kept this place paid for, and staying up after your girlfriend had a nightmare at 2am isn't a good idea for someone who worked from five to five.

Hannibal grabs your hand, about to argue. "Sweetheart-" you shake your head again, giving him a stern look.

He sighs, softly kissing up your arm. "If you need anything, you wake me." You nod, kissing his cheek before crawling out of bed.

He curls back under the covers, huffing one last time before you hear him softly snore again.

You tiptoe out of the room, slipping out of the door. The light of the tv shines from the living room, and you can tell it's Great British Baking Show by the soft music that drifts to you. You smile, eyes darting in between Will, his curls ruffled from sleep and the bright tv. You come behind him, kissing the top of his head before jumping over the back of the couch, bouncing. You giggle, laying your head on Will's shoulder as the new cast of bakers are introduced.

The volume is low enough that the subtitles are helpful, and you can hear as Will whispers. "Do you want to talk about it?" You sit in silence for a moment, before nodding.

You open your mouth, wondering if your voice will even work.

"It was Jack. He had a grip on my neck and was trying to kill me. He seemed so hateful."

Your voice is raspy, and you realize the grip that you felt on your neck in the dream was your own hand. You softly reach up, feeling the bruises that were already forming from the tightness. You grimaced, tracing the edge of the bruise.

"I'm sorry darling." You just nod, kissing his clothed shoulder.

You eyes fix themselves back on the show as the timer in your head clicks down. You had a little more than twenty hours before the all out search for the three of you happened, and you knew it wouldn't take long before you were found.

***

Well, next chapter is the fate of our characters. Anyone want to place bets on if they escape or if they all end up in Baltimore State Hospital For The Criminally Insane?

Thank you guys for the support, and OH MY GOD NUMBER ONE ON THE HANNIBAL HASHTAG??? Thank you!

Anyway, see you in the next chapter!