I Just Never Expected This

The three of you walk out of the woods, back to the car.

As you get hop in, Hannibal turns around to look at you. 

"(Y/n), I noticed where you were staying, and I wanted to ask if you wanted to stay at my house. I have an extra room, and you're always welcome to use it."

You sit with your eyes wide, shocked at the sudden offer.

"Uhm, I'll- have to think about it, and pack my stuff. And I paid until the end of the week, so that's two days," you say quickly, rambling slightly.

Will looks back, smiling as you babble. You stop and narrow your eyes at him, raising an eyebrow.

"You're just cute when you ramble," he said, shrugging his shoulders.

"You are both insufferable sometimes, and I've only known you for a few weeks."

Will rolled his eyes, facing forward again. "I'm already staying with him, though I keep my dog's at my old house."

"Oh, wow. So I'd have to deal with both of you if I move in," you say, laughing slightly.

Hannibal starts the car, pulling onto the road. You already know your answer, but you want to mess with the two of them for a little before you answer.

"You know, Will really didn't help you guys' cases. Now I'm definitely leaning against this," you tease, trying to hide your smile. Will turns his head, and you see narrow his eyes at you playfully.

"Whatever you want to do," Hannibal says calmly from the front, and you wonder if he thinks you're serious. 

"I'm joking with you guys, I might as well. I've already spent a lot on that god awful motel, and what's the harm."

You see Hannibal smile from the rear view mirror, and you feel your heart swell. 

"I still have to pack my things, so give me like 30 minutes at the motel and I'll be good."

Hannibal just nods.

You sit back, rest your head on the window, and put your earbuds in. You put on (Y/f/b) and close your eyes.

(Small time skip brought to you by the deletion of TikTok)

You shove the few toiletries into your bag and zip it up, pulling out your phone. Hannibal and Will were waiting in the car, so you pull out your phone, sitting on the floor propped up against the bed.

As you sat there the realization sunk in. You were about to move in with two people you had just recently suspected to be serial killers. 

You laugh slightly, appalled at how you could have ever thought the two of them ever doing something like that. It sounded absurd to you now, and you felt like an idiot for ever thinking they could be associated with the Chesapeake Ripper.

You pull up messages, feeling a lot lighter for the first time since you started working on this case.

You: Hey, so... i might be moving in Hannibal and Will, like, right now-

(Y/b/f): lol u wish

You: I'm dead serious

You hear a knock on the door. You sigh, putting your phone in your pocket as you get up.

You pull open the door, watching Hannibal standing with his hands in his pockets.

"Give me like 2 more minutes, I gotta get my charger and I'm good to go." You turn around quickly, embarrassed as he scans your room. The wall paper was peeling in places, and certain spots on the carpet had been stained with varying colors.