He Deserved It

You turn, eyes wide, face still flushed. "Holy shit, uh, this is uncomfortable."

Will just smiled, walking into the office, kissing Hannibal on the cheek before walking towards the bookshelves in the back.

"If I'm being honest, I feel a little betrayed." You open your mouth to start a waterfall of apologies, but Will puts a hand up to stop you.

"I'm betrayed that I didn't get to make the first move Hannibal. I wanted that first kiss." You stiffen, confusion clouding your mind.

"Wait, huh?" Will walks back towards you, a soft smile on his lips.

"I said, I wanted the first kiss you had with one of us to be with me, not sour pants over there." Your mouth hangs open, confusion clear on your face.

"Of course, if you're uncomfortable with it, or you don't feel that way, don't feel and pressure-" you cut the now less confident man off by leaning in, running a hand through his hair.

"Trust me, it's definitely something I want."

(Time skip of a week brought to you by my editor leaving)

Will walked into Hannibal's house, running his fingers through his hair, grinding his teeth.

She would figure it out, and soon. I should have realized she would be put on this case seriously eventually, Will mentally scolded himself. He walked into the kitchen, barely noticing Hannibal as he grabbed the liquor from the cabinet.

"Will? What happened?" Hannibal walked over, grabbing the bottle from Will's tight grip.

"Talk to me Will, tell me what's wrong." Will sighed, hand tightening into a fist.

"Jack's getting (y/n) to do a profile on The Ripper's Maiden. She noticed how I acted at a crime scene, and now she's suspicious. She's going to fucking figure it out. I fucked up," Will said, putting his fists by his side, not knowing what to do with himself.

His mind flashed back to the river, the blood still swirling in the fast current. He stood by the side, curled into himself slightly, staring as CSI did their DNA testing and time of death.

"It's way to fucking cold outside today." He jumped at the voice right beside him, his head snapping towards the voice. (Y/n) smiled up at him, head tilted to the side in confusion.

You seem jittery today, what's wrong, you didn't clean the blood out from under your fingernails?" Will eyes went wide for a second before he realized, and began to force a laugh.

"Yes, mhm. That's what it is." He hoped  she hadn't noticed the minute of fear on his face when discussing DNA evidence, but as he looked back over he noticed the confusion and wariness in her face.

"You didn't leave any evidence, they would only have circumstantial evidence on you at best, but as I already said, she won't tell anyone if she's suspicious of us." Will relaxed at Hannibal's statement, but only slightly.

Hannibal sighed, pulling Will towards him, kissing him lightly on the lips. "Would you like to help me cook?" Will sighed, shaking his head. Hannibal's brows furrowed, trying to find a way to console Will.

"Why do you think this is so bad? The way I see it, it doesn't matter if she figures it out or not. No one would believe her, and we'd be safe. No matter if she figures it out or not, we won't get caught."

Will sighed, rubbing his eyes. "I don't care if she tries to tell people. You're forgetting that she might not be exactly stoked that we kill people and eat them. That's what I'm concerned about." Hannibal nodded, pressing a kiss to Will's forehead. Will leaned into his touch, wrapping his arms around Hannibal's waist.