Flowers

Hyejin turns around to face the door as the bell rings. "Welcome to Yellow Flowers," she starts with a cheerful smile. "How may I help you?" Then Hyejin's eyes find the customer's, and Hyejin finds herself speechless, an admittedly rare occurrence.

The customer fixes her bright brown eyes on Hyejin's. The same shade as a milk chocolate, Hyejin thinks hysterically. A toss of short black straight hair, and the customer is at the counter.

The customer leans her muscularabsolutely ripped arms on the counter, and with a burning fire deep within her chestnut eyes asks the question that makes Hyejin fall irrevocably in love with the mysterious lady. "I need a bouquet that passive aggressively tells the recipient to go fuck themselves," she states in absolute seriousness.

Hyejin coughs in an attempt to stifle her laughter. "Yeah, I can get you something like that, but may I ask why?" Hyejin asks, still trying to choke back giggles. Funny and drop-dead gorgeous, damn. Hyejin stands no chance.

The short haired woman scowls. "My biochem professor marked down my research paper because, and I quote 'there was no need to go so in-depth between the differences between the hydroxyl functional family and the carboxyl functional family.' That man has had it out for me since the semester started, I swear. So I'm getting him an anonymous bouquet in retaliation," she explains. Smart and ripped? Hyejin is fucked. Hopefully by the magnificent specimen of a woman. "Oh, if you could somehow work spider lilies into the bouquet too that would be wonderful. I heard he was allergic to them," the customer adds on.

Underhandedly petty, too? A woman after Hyejin's own heart. Hyejin nods decisively. "I can definitely get you something along those lines, and it shouldn't even be that expensive," she says as she checks the order form. Hyejin smiles cheekily, "Can I get a name and a number to go with that order?"

The tall lady chuckles then responds. "It's Yongsun." She then scribbles down a number and hands it to the brunette.

Hyejin takes the paper. "I'm Hyejin, and I'll give you a call when your flowers are ready!"

Yongsun grins in response, and by all the gods known to man, Hyejin has never seen a smile that pretty. Fuck it, Hyejin decides. "I hope you don't mind if I call you and ask you on a date, too?" Yongsun winks.

A deep red crawls along Hyejin's face as she sputters. "Ah, I don't think I would mind," she finally squeaks out.

Yongsun grins victoriously and immediately begins to plan the best date possible. "Well," a smirk steals across Yongsun's face, "I'm looking forward to it!"

Hyejin's face somehow gets even redder, as Yongsun continues to fluster her. "I think I should get your number in return," Yongsun flirts again. Hyejin laughs delightedly and scribbles it down. Somehow, Hyejin knows, this is going to be the best date she's been on in years.