Mother Hyejin 6

I really think you know what to expect. so ill tell you nothing. Read it alone at your own risks. 

.

.

.

Two days later, Yongsun doesn't know how, or better yet why , but she ends up telling Jessi everything.

"So this woman's your neighbor," Jessi surmises, eyeing Yongsun carefully over the leg press machine. "Who's also a 'MILF' as you so eloquently put it."

"That's what I thought before I got to know her, okay? She's so much more than that," Yongsun snaps.

"Okay... but she's moving to Florida soon with her son. And you're heartbroken about it -"

"I wouldn't say I'm heartbroken -"

"- because you're in love with her."

Yongsun winces. "Okay. Yeah."

"Wow."

It feels good to let it all out, even if it is Jessi. Yongsun had learned several years ago - more explicitly the Christmas dildo debacle of 2012 - that Jessi absolutely cannot keep a secret if her life depends on it. Fortunately she's a good listener.

And no longer too involved in Yongsun's life to blab about her dirty secrets.

"So... what will you do now?" Jessi asks, standing up to press a towel against her face.

"Nothing," Yongsun says. "There's nothing I can do. I'm not anything to Hyejin. I can't just walk into her home and... tell her how I feel."

"Why not?"

"Because this isn't a trashy romance novel. It's not even a good romance novel. It's my life."

Jessi heaves out a sigh, takes a seat beside her on the bench press. Yongsun scrunches up her nose.

"You stink."

"And you smell like cowardice and juvenile bullshit," Jessi throws back.

When Yongsun merely gapes at her, she shrugs. "It sounds to me like she has feelings for you, too, Yongsun. But you're scared she doesn't. So you're pushing her away like you always do when people get too close, because that's easier than dealing with rejection. And it's easier than the terrifying idea of her loving you back. Am I right?"

" Okay , Dr. Fucking Hyun Ju (Jessi's real name). No need to sugarcoat it."

"Even if it doesn't stop her from leaving, I think you should tell her," Jessi advises. "Maybe she's waiting on you to give her a reason to stay. Take it from an expert. I spent years pining after Tiffany before I told her."

"And by told, you mean fucking him on Taeyon's side of the bed in a sordid act of adultery."

Jessi's smirk is positively shameless as she chugs back her water bottle.

"Yes."

Often times, Yongsun tends to forget that Jessi was once raised as a good Christian girl.

Yongsun does take her advice into consideration through the course of the afternoon.

She has nothing left to lose, does she?

Not when her friendship with Hyejin is already dangling at the edge, if not effectively destroyed. The least Yongsun can do is put her own heart at ease. Gain some closure.

But she's haunted by another thought, by the frightening possibility of Jessi being right . It would explain all the lingering looks, the weighted pauses, the obscene amount of sexual tension from the very beginning. Maybe Hyejin's been waiting on her to take the initiative this whole time.