kiss and make up

It's been two weeks now. Two weeks that Yongsun hasn't been seen in Korea. No one knows where the hell she's gone, vanished like a man out of a hijacked plane on a Wednesday afternoon.

Hyejin won't talk about it. She just eats inhuman amounts of ice cream, wearing Yongsun's oversized sweaters that were forgotten at her place a long time ago. Everyone has been asking her what happened, everyone's been expecting her to have the answers.

It's uncharacteristic, isn't it? And a terrible business move. Kim-Corporation stock has been dropping ever since the first rumours of a mental breakdown or, God forbid, Yongsun's death surfaced. It took Hyejin a full week to start worrying if there might be some substance to those terrible rumours. At first, she was sure Yongsun was just being dramatic and trying to mess with her head which, evidently, was working, but by week two, let's just say, give it another day or two and she would've put together a search crew, she would've scavenged the entire Earth for any sign of her.

Prevented, by no other than Kim Yongsun herself, showing up at her doorstep like a stray cat with a dead bird in her teeth. The bird, in this instance, a bottle of red wine, surprisingly unopened. It costs 7 grand a bottle, bought for the hell of it, tastes the same.

Hyejin stares at her for a minute, dumbfounded. Her hair falling in gorgeous dark tresses, her eyes, clear brown, her wine-red blouse with one too many buttons unbuttoned, the skin underneath supple and soft, so horribly, terribly, no-goodly kissable. That matter-of-fact look on her face.

Hyejin blinks. A sigh of relief. "Good god. Fuck you!"

"I take it you're not glad to see me?" The unabashed swagger that she says it with, infuriating.

"You can't just kiss someone and vanish!"

Yongsun quirks an eyebrow. "I recall more than kissing."

Hyejin runs her hand through her hair, exasperated sigh, an incredulous look in her eyes.

"How about when you disappeared on me for weeks, you recall that? Bitch. What the fuck was that? Where the hell have you been? Good reasons, please!"

Yongsun puts her arms up in defeat. "Only have bad ones, I'm afraid."

"Try me."

Yongsun shakes her head and shrugs. "I chickened out. Okay?" she breathes a laugh, mellowing and taking Hyejin's hand. "I'm sorry."

Yongsun reluctantly moves her fingers against Hyejin's, playfully teetering on holding hands. The tension leaves her shoulders, she sighs and her voice grows softer, smaller.

"Where were you? I was worried."

"Sorry," Yongsun repeats herself. "Here and there. Hopped on a plane to nowhere in particular. Dublin, Berlin, Paris, Rome– anywhere big enough to remain anonymous, basically."

"And you couldn't have taken me with? If I'd known you were going to Paris– well, I would've come with."

"You would've?"

"Yeah," Hyejin breathes, "do you know how shitty it was waking up and finding you weren't there?"

The hurt in her eyes reflects back in Yongsun's. She sighs, entwining her fingers with Hyejin's fully, giving her hand a gentle yet reassuring squeeze.

"You know, what we did, I don't regret any of it," she says.

"Then why did you leave?" Hyejin pleads.

"If I told you I thought I didn't deserve you, would you believe me?" Yongsun asks.

"Maybe. Try me."