were leaving first

The fire had Yongsun and Hyejin trapped. The flames were growing bigger and bigger by the minute and they were stuck in the middle of nowhere. They had been out camping in the forest in a wonderful cabin, a long away from the city and technology. It had been wonderful but now it wasn't exactly to their advantage. The forest fire quickly spread and was getting closer and closer. The only road that lead from the cabin was blocked by an enormous tree which had fallen down in the storm the day before. And Yongsun's precious yellow bug was also trapped and crushed under a tree.

They had heard the thunder last night as the trees cracked by the winds. They had heard a big bang but had been too tired to look at what it had been and then they had finally fallen asleep. When Hyejin pulled apart the curtains the morning after though, she didn't believe her eyes as she saw the forest burning.

Yongsun had been out for hours trying to find some way out from this place but every little possibility she saw of an escape, quickly turned onto a dead end. And the further she ran, the closer the fire got so, finally she admitted defeat and ran back to Hyejin. If she was gonna die out here, she would do it together with her girlfriend.

Hyejin ran into her arms and even if she knew the answer to the question she was about to ask already, she asked anyway. She hoped she had read Yongsun's eyes wrong.

"Did you find anything?" the blonde shook her head and sunk down on the floor. It was because of her they were out here in the first place. She had always wanted to rent a cabin and become one with nature. And Hyejin hadn't been so eager about the idea first but finally went along with it because she saw how happy it made Yongsun.

"We're gonna die out here.. And it's all my fault!" the blonde said and hid her head in her hands. Hyejin sat down next to her and tried to find the right words. Of course Yongsun blamed herself for this mess. And sure, if it had been when they had first met, Hyejin would have probably said something like that, but not now. Not now when Yongsun was the person she loved most in the whole universe.

*****

"Yongsun unnie, this is not your fault," Hyejin said with a calm tone in her voice as she laid her hand on Yongsun's leg. The blonde looked up and met those kind eyes she couldn't get enough of. That smile. That voice. Even that scent.

"Of course it is! You didn't even want to come on this trip!" Yongsun groaned.

"Well, at first no, that's correct. But now I don't regret for a second I did. It has been one of the best trips I have ever been on. And do you want to know why?" Yongsun nodded her reply as the tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Because I got to spend it with you."

They both stood up and looked out from the window. The fire was close now, so Yongsun grabbed Hyejin's hand and gave it a squeeze.

"I love you Ahn Hyejin."

"And I love you Kim Yongsun. Thank you for showing me how to truly enjoy life."

The words only made Yongsun cry even more and that was not Hyejin's intent. But she just had to get those words off her chest before it was too late. She had been meaning to say them ages ago, but for some reason she hadn't. And then she thought of another thing that she really desperately needed to get out, as it was dancing on the tip of her tongue.

"And since this is our last moment on this earth, I want to ask you something Ahn Hyejin," Yongsun said with a small smile on her lips. Hyejin raised an eyebrow and didn't even think about what it could be. The only thing Yongsun wondered about was how Hyejin could act so calm. The blonde herself looked like a mess, not being able to hold her tears back. Suddenly she snapped back to reality when she heard Hyejin clear her throat. Hyejin watched her go down on one knee and she gasped as Yongsun opened a black little box, revealing the most beautiful ring Hyejin had ever seen.

"Ahn Hyejin, will you marry me?"

A tree cracked and the blonde saw in the back of her eyes how close the fire was to them now, but in this particular moment it felt like that time stood still.

"Yes," Hyejin smiled as Yongsun put the ring on her finger. She helped her up as Hyejin pressed her lips against hers.

Another tree cracked and fell on the porch, making the windows break. The fire spread quickly in the old wooden cabin and Yongsun laid her arms around her wife and both of them started to cry. Then everything went black.

*****

"Oi Hyejin-ah Yonsgun-unnie. Happy anniversary," Moonbyul and Wheein said with a low, sad voice as they leaned down and laid a bouquet of red roses by their tombstone. They knew Yongsun was going to propose to Hyejin on that trip, and even if they hadn't found anything after the fire, they knew that their leader was true to her words.

Two years had passed since their deaths and Moonbyul and Wheein missed them terribly but they tried to remember the good times they had shared together. Especially the time they had spent as a real family. They had been so happy. And they had promised their selves that they would never forget those memories.

"I hope you have lots of food in heaven Hyejin-ah and I hope your relaxing now Yongsun unnie," Moonbyul said with a small chuckle as they stood up.

"And I miss you guys... I will always remember you. But don't worry about us, were both doing fine," Wheein quickly added and let her fingers brush against the tombstone before they left.

"Here rests Kim Yongsun and Ahn Hyejin.

Two women who left us far too soon.

They will always be missed by their family and friends."

I cried too but I wanted to write this for an angsty reader that I have varoro79.Hope you all like it and also I wanted to show that not everything ends up happy