Beach1

Since you are here reading this, you must already know that the Hwasun loves summer and the fact that Yongsun kept coming back to Boracay even though she already got conned once. I was inspired by that and tried to write a story. this will be divided to parts because its too long.

Enjoy

The ocean was supposed to be calming, and in a way it was, but buying the two-story, periwinkle blue house with the white porch and matching balcony was much less of a distraction than running an entire company had been. Now there was nothing but free time, which left Hyejin uneasy as opposed to relaxed.

Hyejin had needed a change, that much she knew. The constant late nights and endless battle with her public image were not healthy for her. Hyejin simply couldn't do it. She couldn't convince the world.

Hyejin needed a fresh start; something entirely new, so she researched areas that were the polar opposite of where she had spent her life thus far.

She spent weeks searching for small towns in rural areas where there were no skyscrapers or nosy and biased reporters running about to drag Hyejin's name through the mud. Hyejin researched what type of dwelling was the most relaxing from a standpoint, and before she knew it, she had left her manager with a letter that she was going to disappear in a while.

After her break, she would return and work in her songs (something that made her happy), but until she was ready, Hyejin found a home in Jeju Island.

Hyejin sighed as she opened her front door to gather her empty garbage bins.

She hadn't had the best of luck with her new house. The salty sea air had aged it and doors creaked, the windows stuck, and seagulls had torn up her garbage bags and littered the street with Hyejin's refuse.

Again.

Hyejin ground her teeth as she stomped down her painted wooden steps and cut across her perfectly manicured lawn. Why the stupid birds had to tip over her recycling too, Hyejin didn't know. It wasn't like there was food in there. Hyejin didn't know why the seagulls only seemed interested in her garbage. Everyone else's was left alone, week after week. Perhaps the universe was trying to tell her that she didn't deserve a break or a nice house by the beach.

The sun beat down and Hyejin thought, not for the first time, that she ought to have chosen a place with a little (or a lot) less sun.

As she gathered the strewn about cardboard and newspapers, Hyejin wondered if she should be grateful that her biggest issue in life was seagulls. It was better than the judging looks and comments she received by most people's standards.

Hyejin straightened up, arms full of recycling, and turned to bring the cardboard back to its bin. When Hyejin turned, she gasped and everything she had gathered toppled back out of her arms as she jumped.

"Sorry!" the reason Hyejin was startled said, "sorry, I just thought I should give you these."

Hyejin put a hand to her chest and glared at the woman. Or tried to glare. The woman's nervous shifting and pleading bright brown eyes didn't exactly invite wrath. She looked like she'd never been yelled at in her life. She looked sweet, with her short blonde hair and the way she bit her bottom lip, cheeks flushed.

Hyejin sighed, looking down at what the woman offered, and raised an eyebrow.

"Garbage bags?" Hyejin asked. "I don't understand"

"They're seagull proof," the woman said with a grin. She adjusted the box so Hyejin could see the face of it better and tapped on the image of an angry seagull. "So you don't have to collect your garbage twice every week."