I Am Going To Fucking Kill You

"Mikasa I need your help"

"What is it?"

"So I wrote a song, I need your help recording it and making a backing track."

"Okay" Mikasa pulled out her computer. "Just sing me the notes so I can get an idea of the melody, and then we can work on refining it and adding in a bass line and some percussion."

Annie sang out the melody, starting with a slow, miserable tone and moving to a fun, faster paced one. Mikasa nodded her head, importing the rhythm. When Annie had finished, she added a bouncing beat of the toms throughout the song, and a clash of symbols for the points of tension in the chorus. They continued refining the sounds for several hours, until Annie was satisfied. 

"Alright, now we need to record." Mikasa pulled out her microphone and plugged it into her computer. "You should go into the closet to do it."

"Why?" Annie asked.

"The sound echoes off the walls in a weird way, in the closet, the clothes and tight space absorb the sound."

Annie went into the closet with Mikasa's computer and microphone. Mikasa could hear her singing through the closet doors, but just barely. She was excited to hear what lyrics Annie had come up with. 

"We always got along like fire to the rain

You set me out

Said "cool down"

Said "I don't wanna make you feel pain"

She sang slowly, and softly, and sadly. 

"But I got my gas

And i got my matches

C'mon lets go another round

Yeah I've got my gas

And i've got my matches...

I'm gonna burn this whole place down!

Down

Gonna trap you inside when I burn this place down

Wanna see the look in your eyes when I burn this whole place down

Watch the fire spread as the flames go up

As the flames go up

Up

See the look on your face as you see the flames go up"

The tone of Annie's voice had changed from pained miserabilitity  to a victorious chant. When she sang "Down" it was broken into a three-part riff. Less like 'down' and more like                   'dow-how-own' the second part higher than the first, and the third lower than both others. When she sang 'up' it was the opposite. 'Uh-huh-hup' with the second note lower and the third much higher. 

"You say

"Don't know what I did,

Haven't got a clue"

But you do what you do

It's always been you