Aftercare

I bring a corner of the towel wrapped around me up to my hair, to cease the dripping water left on me from my bath; before rewrapping it around myself and relishing in its softness and warmth. I can hear the sizzle and cracks of heated oil; smell the bread crisp and burn in our cast iron skillet we got as a wedding present, feel the warmth of the kitchen while sitting at our dining table. The sizzling ends, and Mikasa walks towards me, extending out a plate, with the most perfect, gooey, steaming grilled cheese. I breathe in the scent.

"Thank you" I tell her. "no one makes a grilled cheese sandwich like you do"
"You're welcome, dandelion"

A smile curls on my face. Whenever she uses that pet name, I melt like Swiss cheese. However, my bask in her love is cut short as I feel her to eyes trained on me. More specifically, on the marks that stain my neck, back, and rear.

"Are you okay?" She reaches her hand out to rub a deep, purplish bruise on my neck.
"Yeah, I'm fine."
"Really, are you okay?" She asks again
"Yes, really, I'm okay. You don't have to worry"
"I'm sorry." She says. "I'm just scared I get carried away. You have a lot of marks" her head tilts down and her eyes find the floor.
"Yeah,  and that's why we have safe words."

I tilt her face back up to look me in the eyes, and I give her a sweet gentle kiss.
"Seriously, it's okay. I love you.
She lets out a small sigh. "I love you too" she pauses. "And you look really cute when you shove grilled cheese into your mouth" she says, jabbing my cheek with her finger. I roll my eyes.
"You wanna watch a movie." She asks.
"I really do"

I sit on the couch, leaning onto Mikasa's shoulder. Her arm is wrapped around me, holding me close in her custody. Warmth spreads through me. Not the way a drink of whiskey does, not the way a fire does, just, the way being close to her does. It's indescribable, and unreplicable. Everything about this moment is just perfect. Absolutely incredible. How I can smell a mix of grilled cheese and soap clinging in the air, and how the images on our tv chest bright lights that make Mikasa's eyes sparkle, and the way she holds me, and lets me hold her. At this moment, I feel the happiest I have ever felt in my life. I feel the safest I have every felt in my life.

A/N I know this is a little short, sorry about that, but I really wanted to write about this because aftercare never shows up in fanfic when it really should! So, PSA: AFTERCARE IS RESLLY FUCKING IMPORTANT FOR BOTH SUBS AND DOMS AND IF YOU'RE GOING TO PRACTICE ANYTHING THAT COULD BE MENTALLY OR PHYSICALLY DAMAGING TO ONE OF YOU, YOU MUST USE IT! AND USE SAFE WORDS! Just basic rules to reinforce the safety of everyone involved in the situation.

Also, I am working on my T or D series, they're going to be doing Buzzfeed quizzes as well as anything you suggest or ask. Love you guys!