Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake

I have four scars on my back. Burn scars. One for each of the four times I fucked up. Well, four of the many, many times.

On the way to school, I walked to the docks, past the dress maker, and the nail salon, and the florist, and the mattress shop, and the bakery.

The bakery window, that displayed their cookies, and cream puffs, and peach pie, and this big, shiny, chocolate cake, drowned in ganache and topped with raspberries.

It was so shiny I could see my reflection on it, and the raspberries were so ripe, and so red, and so irresistibly perfect.

"Please, sister. It was just once, I just bought one slice. Please"

That burn, it barely hurt. I felt so much anxiety, but at the same time, a calm. It was blinding, white light was all I could see. It didn't even burn, it felt like a wasp sting.

And I'll never forget what Sister Hama said. She said  "You're gonna burn twice. First today, then in Hell."

She was wrong. I was gonna burn five times. First that day, then three
more times, and then in Hell.

Obedience. Servitude. Respect your master. Hand over your freedom.

"Why didn't you just obey? Why would you hit your father like that? Follow his commands!"

"Bury your anger. Not as a treasure, as a curse. Wrath and hatred are the devil's fingers."

I'll never forget how beautiful that iron looked, glowing orange to red to white. And how quickly it made things ugly.

At the nail salon, there were so many pictures of pretty women, with their pretty faces, and pretty nails. And whenever I looked at them, I would feel so calm, and safe. And a little warm inside.

"Do not let lust consume you!"

"Don't redden your white with dirty blood"

I never got to go to prom. I never had a dress. I looked so good in blue. It was so sweet of Ms. Miriam to let me try on that dress. That dress with the lace corset, and dark satin skirt, and sheer light blue arms, and tiny flowers on the waist. And it was so nice of her to hide me when my dad came in looking for me. I'm so, so sorry Ms. Miriam.

"Greed will never end. Hunger never ends. Let the heat cleanse you"

All I ever wanted was just a little cake. Just one slice. Just once! I just wanted to have a friend. Any friend it didn't matter. Just one girl to notice me, one day off from training. Just one and I wanted to try on just ONE dress, and get asked to prom, and just, for once in my life be normal! You

But instead I'll die, squashed between pages of a bible, my sinner blood smeared across the pages. And then I'll burn forever.

A/N Gonna rewrite this and make it longer