The Raven

Your sleeping chamber is supposed to be the place where you feel safe. Cozy, and calm, and untouchable. But my bed chambers are where the majority of my battles take place. Because when I lie on my bed, screams of horror and pain are surrounding me. When I attempt desperately to distract my mind for a few moments with a book or a task, the only thing that comes are shivers and shakes. And when I try to sleep, the low groans of the wind and the eerie creaks of the door taunt me, imprinting their message of hatred onto the walls of my bed chamber.

Of course, anyone even vaguely like me would know these symptoms. But no one ever speaks of the horrors that come from when they're alone, as all experiencing this are desperate to forget about for even one second. And reliving it would be terrifyingly intense. Besides, the people who have these symptoms are the stubbornest of ones, and treating these symptoms would be like giving up to them.

Today, I sit on my chamber floor,

                            writing poems in my journal,

                                                 writing notes in my journal,

                                                              writing stories in my journal,

while sitting on my chamber floor.

And it's as I sit on my chamber floor, that I see a figure in the distance. One dark and small against the grey sky. But the figure grows larger, until it flies through the stained glass of my chamber window. And the raven perches itself on my chamber door.

The raven is pitch black except for streaks of midnight blue, with claws as sharp as swords. It's like the ghosts that haunt my chamber, but this one is special, it's the ghost of my lover.

It's stormy eyes go straight to mine and it observes my shocked and broken state.

"Mikasa?"

But the raven just replies,

"No, I am Nevermore"

And now, I will forever lie in a sleeping state, on my chamber floor. While my gorgeous midnight blue raven will be forever perched on my chamber door.