Chapter 3

Lan Ying's POV

"How is everyone doing?" Lan Xichen asked.

"They're doing fine but we're a little bit busy because of the recent incidents. I'll be leaving with the juniors this afternoon to exterminate water ghouls in Biling Lake." I replied while feeding the rabbits in front of me with cabbage and carrots.

"Did something happened to the Jiang Sect?"

"Nothing really but an serious incident happened at a village near them so they have to investigate it" I said when Lil' Apple came closer to me and made a noise, air coming out of it's nostrils.

I patted it's head before grabbing an apple from the basket. I placed the apple before its mouth, it bit the whole apple munching it between it's teeth.

"I actually came here to find Lan Wangji to report the incident in Yunmeng and Yueling." I added.

"Isn't it today Young Master Wei and Wangji's first wedding anniversary? They must be in Caiyi Town right now." Lan Xichen said, stroking the rabbits head. Was it today? I didn't know that. Why did I forgot it?

"Xiongzhang, how did you know?" I asked.

"Because yesterday was A-Yao's first death anniversary." he replied. I was speechless for a moment. He can still remember Jin Guangyao's day of death. It just shows how much he really cares for his sworn brother. I shouldn't have asked him...

"Xiongzhang, I'm sorry..." I apologized and lowered my head a little. I suddenly a felt a soft hand on my head. He slowly patted my head.

"You don't have to apologize Shanli. I am totally fine now. I can't just grieve on A-Yao's death forever, It will tarnish my position as the sect leader. We sometimes need to accept things to move on to our life." he said and smiled. I returned the smile to him. I just realized that he wasn't just grieving. He was also trying to accept all the things that happened that day.

I looked at the rabbit he was carrying in his arms. I suddenly recognize the rabbit. "Xiongzhang, do you know that the rabbit you're holding is named Guangyao?" I asked him. Half of the rabbits here are named after the people I knew from other sects.

"Really?" he asked back and smiled. I nodded at him.

"I named that rabbit after Lianfang-zun's name." I said.

I looked at xiao-Cheng and caressed it's fur "And this one is Jiang Cheng, but I call it xiao-Cheng." I added. I grab the a carrot and gave it to Lan Xichen.

"Guangyao likes carrot more than cabbage." I said as he grab the carrot and feed it to the rabbit he's holding. I also grab an apple for Lil' Apple and cabbage for xiao-Cheng.

Lil' Apple ate the whole apple again. I placed the cabbage near xiao-Cheng's mouth, he nibbled the cabbage. I squat down and put both of xiao-Cheng and the basket down the ground. xiao-Cheng just continued nibbling on the cabbage. I grab some cabbage for the other rabbits too and gave each of them one leaf of cabbage.

"Shanli, Aren't you going to exterminate water ghouls later? Go and rest first. I willl take care of the rabbits and Lil' Apple myself." Lan Xichen said. I just nodded at him and left the basket to him before going back to Cloud Recesses.

I ate lunch first and after that I meditated in my room until afternoon.

---

It was already afternoon before I realized. I stood up and took my sword- Xuanlu that was lying down the floor beside me and walk toward the sliding door. I still haven't opened the door I could hear noises outside. I slowly opened the door and five junior disciples were standing talking to each other. They immediately stopped as soon as they saw me.