Chapter 12

3rd Person POV

An eerie sound blast on her eardrums as she felt the cold air brushing to her skin, Lan Shanli with eyes closed is confuse and trying to figure out where she is.

After thinking that her senses betrayed her for not feeling anything but cold thick air she finally felt like she got landed on to a cold, rough and moist surface.

She felt suffocated as the air got more thicker like her neck is being grip tight by someone choking her till her last breath, her eyes were close as if someone is covering and forcing it to close and it was scary to only see a black shade so she try opening her eyes, with a big exhale she open her eyes and saw nothing.

An endless darkness scattered in her sight, as if she was blind and cannot see anything but she also can't hear any noise, It was a strange atmosphere that gives her creeps to her skin.

Lan Shanli felt like her body is shaking but she can not see her body. She panicked and tried touching her body but she can't feel anything! even her hands can't meet and grasp to eachother.

"What is this?" She asked herself anxious and terrified stumbling to her words as she try comprehending the horror.

She was breathing really hard, she was already feeling her warm tears but she cannot touch her face, she was shivering in this what seems like an non-ending darkness, theres not even a pinch of light .

She thought again that she must be dreaming because this is a total nightmare and being in panic can't help her to this situation so she tried calming herself down. She control her uneven breathing and trying to push back her tears , she closed her eyes and still saw the same thing , the pitch black area, the nothingness, the most dangerous place anyone could've been.

She place her hand on what she think is a concrete ground that seems to have been wet from a rain because of the cold feeling it gives. She releases a big exhale even though her heart is running crazy, she kept repeating to her mind that this thing is just a nightmare and she will get out of this when she calmed down.

Finally releasing all her nervousness in one big exhale she opened her eyes, her breath hitch as a light came down near infront of her, she tried standing up but her feet felt numb and like it was chained together so she can't stand up and abruptly just fall down with her hands as she force her body.

Having a fear of staying inside the darkness she relentlessy crawl, groaning to the unknown pain as she try dragging his lower body though she doesn't seems like to get any closer to the said light but as she crawl, shadows started to appear.

When her hand took one more step forward, a cold liquid drench it, it made her gasp and throw herself backwards , She sat up and now can finally see her body but what scares her is the dripping blood that is continuously covering her right hand, creeps run down her spine and her knee felt like jelly.

She flinched noticing a presence near her , she slowly looked up trembling with her hand still facing her .A standing figure look down at her at the other end of the light , Its like the light divided her to the demon that is standing across the spotlight.

But as she look down to the ground where the spotlight had shone, a pile of dead people welcomed her.

Hands and faces were terribly familliar as she realizes those pile of people are the Wen remnants.

"Granny... Uncle Four.." she mumbled, her lips trembling from the sight.

In a skip of her heart beat the heavy emotion flood to her and started to sprint to the light where all the dead body is mountained disregarding the fact that the shadow across the light opposite to her is still standing looking directly at her.