Chapter 1

Lan Ying's POV

I was copying the sect rules inside the Library Pavilion when a junior suddenly came in.

I put down both of the book and the brush on the table and looked at the junior standing in front of me.

"Chengsu-ji." he clasped his hands and bowed at me. I nodded at him.

"Sect Leader Jiang is here and he wish to discuss something with you." he said. I immediately arranged the things in my table.

What would Jiang Cheng like to discuss with me? He usually goes to my brother, Lan Wangji if there was a problem so this was kinda surprising for him to discuss something with me.

I'm actually just the same age as Lan Wangji but he's older than me by just 2 months. As for the reason why they discuss the recent matter for this year to Lan Wangji instead of the Sect Leader, Lan Xichen actually secluded himself and is suffering from significant depression. I can't blame him. He was extremely close to Jin Guangyao, but his death made him go into seclusion, grieving his younger sworn brother's death. It also hurts us seeing our older brother suffering, All we could do was to comfort him.

But since the Discussion Conference is near, Lan Xichen will be back from seclusion. The Gusu Lan Sect was supposed to held the Discussion Conference but due to Lan Xichen's situation, it's either the Yunmeng Jiang Sect or the Qinghe Nie Sect will held the Discussion Conference for this year. Jiang Wanyin and Nie Huaisang will discuss about that.

"Thank you for informing me, I'll be there to meet him--"

"No need." a cold voice interrupted. I looked up at the owner of the voice. He was standing behind the door, wearing a violet jianxui robes of the Yunmeng Jiang Sect. Both of his sword and silver bell hanging on each side of his waist and his Zidian on his finger. The person was no other than the Sect Leader of Yunmeng Jiang Sect, Jiang Wanyin.

"Bring us tea." I told the junior. He nodded and saluted at us before leaving. Jiang Wanyin walked closer and sat across me.

"Don't you get tired copying those thousand rules?" he asked as he look at the papers at the corner of the table. I chuckled and shook my head.

"It's not that really tiring and writing is my hobby, besides I don't have anything to do now so copying the sect rules is the only thing I can do for now." I replied. The junior came back with a wooden tray on his hands and with a tea pot and two cups on it.

He put down the two cups and the tea pot on my table. I thanked him before he left. I took the tea pot and poured the tea in the cups. I gave the other cup to Jiang Cheng and he accepted it.

He took a sip from it and looked at me.
"Hmm... then why don't you play the guqin for me?" he rested his left arm on the table while holding his cup with his right arm.

I chuckled, "Is this a request?" I joked. My heart right now is beating so fast, he's making me nervous. He never asked me before to play a guqin for him.

"That brat never fails to stress me, he can talk back to me now five times more. I kinda want to rest right now but even though I want to, I can't. So I just thought that maybe it'll relieve my stress if you played the guqin" he said.

I think there are more incidents happening in Yunmeng. Of course, as the sect leader of the Yunmeng Jiang Sect, he should handle those. And he also always accompany Jin Ling during night-hunting. That's why he's tired.

I smiled at him and moved my body backward a little bit. I took out my guqin from my qiankun sleeves and placed it on my lap. I started playing the guqin. The sound was both soothing and relaxing. It also ables to calm ones mind.