Chapter 29

Shanli and the others each carried a basket full of laundry. Even the small child A-Fei helped to carry a small basket with only light clothes in it so that it won't be heavy for her. The child seems to enjoy helping too. 

Lin Zhi walked closer to Shanli, worriedly looking at her, "Chengsu-Ji, let me take your basket. Maybe you should change your robes first. You'll get cold if you keep wearing your wet cloth." 

Shanli let out a chuckle, "Lin Zhi, I'm fine. If there's someone who needs to change, that should be Jin Ling and Shishi." Shanli's gaze moved to the two cousins.

"We're totally fine!" Jin Ling and Yu Shishi said in unison that made the others laugh. Not long after that, Jin Ling sneezed that made everyone laugh harder.

"Someone take his basket," Shanli ordered, holding back her laugh. Before Jin Ling could react, the other maids had already taken the basket in Jin Ling's hands.

Shanli added, "Shishi, you should go with Jin Ling and change your clothes too."

"But--"

"No buts. How do you think will your uncle react if he saw both of you soaked wet? It's not me who will get scolded. So listen to me and change your cloth. After we hang the laundry, let's go to the town and have some lunch there."

"I also want to go!!" A-Fei exclaimed, jumping around. 

Lan Shanli laughed softly and put her hands on the kid's head, rubbing it gently, "Sure A-Fei." the small child giggled, cheering loudly.

Lin Zhi then interrupted, "Chengsu-Ji! If your going to the town later then you should change your clothes too! Sect Leader will scold us if you also get a cold!"

The other maids then agreed to Lin Zhi, asking Shanli to change her clothes right away. Shanli was slowly getting troubled, she tried to assure, "Jiang Cheng won't sco--"

"Yes, he will. So give me your basket please." Lin Zhi was a stubborn woman and snatched the basket from Shanli.

Jiang Cheng actually won't scold them. They were just trying to make excuses to force Shanli to change her clothes. But they also have to look out for Lan Shanli's health as they know to themselves how important Shanli was to their Sect Leader. If Shanli did catch a cold just because of getting splashed by water from the river, this would be considered a piece of bad news for Jiang Cheng.

A smile was now plastered on her lips, her eyes were also almost smiling, "Well then! We will be going now!" 

The group of maids finally left with Jin Ling, Yu Shishi, and Lan Shanli's basket. The three stood there dumbstruck. Just how did the table turn. Shanli was just convincing the two cousins to change their cloth and had the other maid take their basket and now she was the one who get her basket snatched, asking her to change her clothes too.

Shanli sighed helplessly and murmured to herself, "Even if you ask me to change my cloth, I don't have any other cloth to wear."

Jin Ling heard this, "Maybe you can borrow mother's clothes?"

Shanli almost choked, "What are you saying. I can't just borrow your mother's cloth."

Suddenly, Shanli felt a presence coming from behind them. Then a voice interrupted, its voice was cold, "How can a woman like her borrow A-Li's cloth? She used A-Li to get closer to Jin Zixuan and also tried to claim their only son as her child, and now you're going to get her clothes too?! You really don't have any shame don't you?" 

Jin Ling and Yu Shishi abruptly turned around after hearing the familiar voice.

"Zumu..." Yu Shishi nervously uttered. Yu Shishi slowly gulped as she pluck up the courage and approach the old lady, "Zumu, what are you doing here?"