Chapter 19

Lan Yuan's POV

The three of us backed away from the hideous spiders that are crawling toward us. We unsheathed our swords, preparing ourselves for the next thing to happen.

"No wonder nothing appeared outside, they were hiding here all the time." Jingyi said.

"This is all your fault." Jin Ling blamed Jingyi.

"How is it my fault?!"

"If you haven't entered the temple, we wouldn't come across them. Now we're trapped!"

"How would I know they were here?!"

"Guys, instead of quarreling, let's focus on what's in front of us and think of a plan on how to escape and ask for help to kill these monsters. We won't be able to kill them all with just the three of us." I said to the both of them, finally ending the quarrel between them.

More and more of those spiders came out from the corners, surrounding the three of us. It will be difficult for us to escape. There were more of them than I imagined, my fingers couldn't count them anymore.

They were different from normal spiders. This one has a human head. From below its neck is where its eight legs are. They opened their mouth wide, letting out a screeching sound. Its sharp teeth had 3 layers, growing tier upon tier, it looks like it could tear a person's limbs if one was bitten by it. Some blood was oozing out from its mouth making the monster more hideous. Suddenly, a scream came from behind us.

It was Jingyi's voice.

"Jingyi!" we turned around only seeing Jingyi getting dragged by something away from us. It was dark from where he was dragged to so we couldn't get a sight of him.

From the corner of my eye, I saw the human headed-spider jumping at me. I immediately moved my arms and slashed the spider before it could land on me. Another one came at me, I jumped at the side, dodging the spider as I slashed his body sideward. Jin Ling was behind me, busy dodging and cutting off the spiders that have been attacking him also. A few spiders attacked us when we heard Jingyi's voice again.

"Sizhui!! Help meee!" Jingyi shrieked.

"Jingyi! Hang in there!" I yelled back. This spiders kept attacking us continuously. After slashing one or two spiders, another one would leap at us. There's no end in this. I'm starting to get worried about Jingyj, I hope nothing happens to him.

"Damn! why are there more of them!" Jin Ling grumbled, slashing up another spider.

"We need to save Jingyi." I said. I held my sword stronger, landing a heavy cut at each spider that tried to jump at me.

"Sizhuiii! Jin Lingg! Someone help mee! It's gonna eat me!!" we heard another scream from Jingyi again.

"That idiot! Just wait for us and try not to die!" Jin Ling angrily yells back. Even with the harsh tone, he was obviously worried at Jingyi.

With our swords, it was more tiresome to cut them one by one. Without a second thought, I sheathed my sword back to its scabbard and took out my qiankun pouch from my inner robe. I took out my guqin from inside and put the qiankun bag back inside my inner robe after it.

"Jin Ling, cover me." I said as dropped myself to the floor, ignoring the dusty and dirty ground.

"What are trying to do?!" Jin Ling asked, slashing another spider that came from behind him. I chose not to respond to him and focus on my role. I sat on the ground, laying my guqin horizontally on top of my legs. I took a deep breath before placing my fingers on top of the guqin, slowly and gently playing the strings, pouring all of my spiritual power into it.